Rounds 4-7

MrCincinnati

11 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'd probably give this draft a C so far...

That's about where I'm at, maybe slightly better. Wanted Daniels over Price but Price should be a rock solid starter in the NFL. Wanted Reid over Bates but Bates at least fits what they're looking for. Loved the 3rd round selections. Not making any real sense out of our day 3 selections. We needed a CB, sure, but I don't understand taking two. Liked Settle much more than Brown. 

The most glaring oversight to me is ignoring OT. After Glenn and Fisher, our OT depth is Ogbuehi and Hart, neither of whom I believe are real NFL players. Why in the world we didn't take a guy like Crosby or Jones to add depth as a swing tackle is beyond me. Here's to hoping Frank Pollack is the real deal - he has his work cut out for him. 

Would love ESB in the late 7th but doubt he falls that far. Wouldn't mind a kicker being taken. Desmond Harrison is available at OT and has talent but is very raw. Jaryd Jones-Smith is a decent pass blocker but needs a lot of work run blocking; I suspect either of them, even in the late 7th, could supplant Ogbuehi or Hart as a swing tackle. That's how highly I think of both. Brett Toth would be a good fit as well. 

At this point in the draft, the players you draft are going to be practice squad picks at best right now. Would still prefer an OL player or two. TE, WR, and QB are other picks to look at, but I don't expect any of these players to have good odds to make the roster, regardless of who they draft.

Archived