Vikings select...Jalyn Holmes, DL, Ohio St

SemperFeist

So do you guys think he can take on a more of a role like Hunter did in 2017? 

I hear Hunter's main responsibility last season was containing the QB/play for Everson to get to the QB.

So what if this guy, who's apparently not much of a pass rusher yet is used in that role and we can send a fresher Hunter or Griffen after the QB?

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So do you guys think he can take on a more of a role like Hunter did in 2017? 

I hear Hunter's main responsibility last season was containing the QB/play for Everson to get to the QB.

So what if this guy, who's apparently not much of a pass rusher yet is used in that role and we can send a fresher Hunter or Griffen after the QB?

Probably, but this pick is a combination of development pick for a few years down the line, and a fill-in for next season to rest the starters.  I think coaching will bring his pass rushing skills up, to where he'll be more effective in 2019, and at a good all-around level in 2020.

40 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

The more the pick sinks in the less i like it, especially with what was available there. Duke Ejiofor would have been better. Not to mention all the big names we have been mentioning since last night. 

Im very disappointed in this draft, may be the first year ever where i wont even watch past the 5th round. 

Bye Felicia :)

Biggest knock is on his pass rush. Doesn’t sound like he generates a ton of pressure, but he is stout against the run. Not sure he will be worthwhile for passing downs until/if his rush skills get developed. I think he’s a good pick at this point. He’s a nice rotational piece at worst, but he has the platform and body to develop as a rusher, and with who we have he doesn’t have to be at that point this year.

40 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

It's hard to excited a defensive lineman who isn't a pass rusher, at least if he doesn't weigh 330 lbs.

Pretty good rep from the 3T spot

and another (left side of the screen). able to press and then rip under the guard.

Archived