4(107). Chris Herndon IV, TE, Miami

NewAge

Herndon charged with a DWI lol. On to the next TE option. Like come on bro you just got drafted you dumb #$%@!!! Id just release him. This is not tolerable, and until we start cutting people who act like idiots off the field nothing will change. Hopefully Legget is ready

What an idiot. I'm pretty good friends with Mike DeVito and I asked him about these guys getting DUI's and why don't they just get a cab. He told me that all teams have car services that will drive you around. Mike told me the only problem is that the drivers work for the jets and are scared that they will be punished for being drunk. It is very hard to keep a kid in their early 20's with a lot of money from going out and having a good time. I also asked him about the Hard Knocks stuff they do on HBO because he was there when they followed the jets. Mike told me he just acted like they where not their but he could see some guys it would bother them and let it get to their heads. 

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

What an idiot. I'm pretty good friends with Mike DeVito and I asked him about these guys getting DUI's and why don't they just get a cab. He told me that all teams have car services that will drive you around. Mike told me the only problem is that the drivers work for the jets and are scared that they will be punished for being drunk. It is very hard to keep a kid in their early 20's with a lot of money from going out and having a good time. I also asked him about the Hard Knocks stuff they do on HBO because he was there when they followed the jets. Mike told me he just acted like they where not their but he could see some guys it would bother them and let it get to their heads. 

Yooooo

Mike DeVito is one of my favorite players of all time; deadass

4 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Yooooo

Mike DeVito is one of my favorite players of all time; deadass

Ya he went to college at Maine. I meet him a few years ago when I was teaching up in Bangor area when he gave a talk to the students. I then got a new job and asked him to come talk to those students and he did. I talk to him once in awhile. He is a very nice guy and always tells me if you need anything let me know. He told me a story about how he studied so much film on the colts before the AFC championship game. He noticed a tell that Manning did with his eyes when he did  a QB sneak. Then it was 4 and 1 and Manning did his eying he caught on and shifted over and stopped them on the 4th and 1. I thought that was pretty cool. He told me another one about Rex Ryan. The jets got killed at the end of the season by the Pats and the next day they usually study film and heal up. This time Rex took them all out on the practice field and the guys all thought they would be running or doing some crazy drills but instead Rex held up a football and said this is the game ball for the Pats game. Rex then dug a hole on the practice field put the ball in the hole and covered it up with the dirt. Rex then said we will not talk or watch game film about this game. The jets went into the playoffs that year and beat the Pats in New England that year. Mike also said he is very good buddies with Derrick Johnson the MLB for KC. Him and DJ worked hard on their injuries to make it back. 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya he went to college at Maine. I meet him a few years ago when I was teaching up in Bangor area when he gave a talk to the students. I then got a new job and asked him to come talk to those students and he did. I talk to him once in awhile. He is a very nice guy and always tells me if you need anything let me know. He told me a story about how he studied so much film on the colts before the AFC championship game. He noticed a tell that Manning did with his eyes when he did  a QB sneak. Then it was 4 and 1 and Manning did his eying he caught on and shifted over and stopped them on the 4th and 1. I thought that was pretty cool. He told me another one about Rex Ryan. The jets got killed at the end of the season by the Pats and the next day they usually study film and heal up. This time Rex took them all out on the practice field and the guys all thought they would be running or doing some crazy drills but instead Rex held up a football and said this is the game ball for the Pats game. Rex then dug a hole on the practice field put the ball in the hole and covered it up with the dirt. Rex then said we will not talk or watch game film about this game. The jets went into the playoffs that year and beat the Pats in New England that year. Mike also said he is very good buddies with Derrick Johnson the MLB for KC. Him and DJ worked hard on their injuries to make it back. 

Damn, man - That is amazing

And I love that story about Rex - I fear we'll never see magic like that again

Even though it ended badly, Rex is the best Jets coach in Jets history thus far

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Bianconero said:

Damn, man - That is amazing

And I love that story about Rex - I fear we'll never see magic like that again

Even though it ended badly, Rex is the best Jets coach in Jets history thus far

Yes I liked Rex also, but he was not as good as Week Ewbank. Ewbank, won two world titles with the Baltimore Colts, and one as head coach of the New York Jets.

Archived