Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

1. 1. More likely?

• Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's pretty easy to stay away from weed once you've broken the cycle. It's not something that draws you back in like other drugs might have the propensity to do. I honestly think we're out of the woods with Josh Gordon.

I think Callaway is a complete moron. That being said, he's got superstar potential and is one of the rare WR's in the draft that could become a legitimate #1 WR. The only thing holding him back is his resin-filled brain stem. Boy I wish I trusted him to stay out of trouble, because he's going to light it up if he can avoid lighting it up and beating women...and robbing people.

It's not easy to stay away from weed no matter how long you've been away from it. Avoiding complacency is key. Take it from someone with experience, you don't make a constant conscious effort to refrain, the urge creeps back in and spreads like a damn virus until it becomes unmanageable. Plus, you called him a moron. It doesn't seem like he's very far into the recovery process, so he has yet to learn these lessons, as well as ones like avoiding bad influences or isolating under stress, etc...

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Oh, and I think Gordon is going to try and help Callaway become less of a ruhTard. At least that's my hope. I really think Gordon would also benefit from mentoring a young kid like Callaway. It'd give him an added sense of responsibility and might make him less likely to fall back into bad habits as he talked out his own issues with Antonio.

But yeah, I don't have high hopes for the character of Callaway. He seems like the kind of dude you see on The First 48. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I'm ok with the pick even if I'm not, because of that ridiculous upside.

This thought crossed my mind, and I REALLY hope it's the case. In recovery, there is no better means to remain abstinent than helping someone out who is struggling with the same issues. It adds a degree of accountability, takes one out of their own irrational thoughts, and it keeps hands full so one doesn't need to think about the actual act of using again, but rather helping someone else.

IF he can stay clean and that’s a big IF we drafted a top 5 we prospect in this draft. I heard a lot of the coaches vouched for him but said he needs to be as far away from Florida as possible and have a teammate that’ll keep him straight....... Baker and Chubb ?!

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

IF he can stay clean and that’s a big IF we drafted a top 5 we prospect in this draft. I heard a lot of the coaches vouched for him but said he needs to be as far away from Florida as possible and have a teammate that’ll keep him straight....... Baker and Chubb ?!

Really hoping Landry keeps Cheech and Chong straight.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's not easy to stay away from weed no matter how long you've been away from it. Avoiding complacency is key. Take it from someone with experience, you don't make a constant conscious effort to refrain, the urge creeps back in and spreads like a damn virus until it becomes unmanageable. Plus, you called him a moron. It doesn't seem like he's very far into the recovery process, so he has yet to learn these lessons, as well as ones like avoiding bad influences or isolating under stress, etc...

This thought crossed my mind, and I REALLY hope it's the case. In recovery, there is no better means to remain abstinent than helping someone out who is struggling with the same issues. It adds a degree of accountability, takes one out of their own irrational thoughts, and it keeps hands full so one doesn't need to think about the actual act of using again, but rather helping someone else.

What pulls me back in are the people that I end up hanging out with.  If I'm hanging with people who don't do it then the thought doesn't even cross my mind.  If I'm hanging with some of my best friends that had a lot of our best times that way then it has an incredibly strong pull.  After following Josh's story, and his snapchat, I think his problem might be along those lines.  Complete conjecture but he seems pretty introverted, and that personality makes it hard to separate from people you are close to.

But once you get accustomed to doing it by yourself all the time, then I totally agree with you.  Avoiding it becomes more actively seeking other means of stress relief.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

What pulls me back in are the people that I end up hanging out with.  If I'm hanging with people who don't do it then the thought doesn't even cross my mind.  If I'm hanging with some of my best friends that had a lot of our best times that way then it has an incredibly strong pull.  After following Josh's story, and his snapchat, I think his problem might be along those lines.  Complete conjecture but he seems pretty introverted, and that personality makes it hard to separate from people you are close to.

But once you get accustomed to doing it by yourself all the time, then I totally agree with you.  Avoiding it becomes more actively seeking other means of stress relief.

Yeah. I don't think, at this stage, that being alone will be his pitfall, though that is where the seed can be planted and it starts to snowball. I agree that falling in with the wrong "friends" will be critical. It's not even peer pressure, so much as the memories of past experiences and the triggers that ensue.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yeah. I don't think, at this stage, that being alone will be his pitfall, though that is where the seed can be planted and it starts to snowball. I agree that falling in with the wrong "friends" will be critical. It's not even peer pressure, so much as the memories of past experiences and the triggers that ensue.

I don't think we are supposed to talk about this so I won't but if I did I would say we are all different but this drug itself doesn't cause those issues but one's personality may.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think we are supposed to talk about this so I won't but if I did I would say we are all different but this drug itself doesn't cause those issues but one's personality may.

That's false. People can become dependent on it. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean there's no psychological effect. There is. @LETSGOBROWNIES It's real. I'm not comparing it to the worse substances, but there is most definitely a level of dependency, in big part thanks to the strength of the stuff that's accessible nowadays.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's false. People can become dependent on it. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean there's no psychological effect. There is. @LETSGOBROWNIES It's real. I'm not comparing it to the worse substances, but there is most definitely a level of dependency, in big part thanks to the strength of the stuff that's accessible nowadays.

People become dependent on all kinds of things, McDonalds Diet Coke, coffee, whatever, it doesn’t mean it’s some crazy addiction like opioids.

It’s weed dude.  I smoked it multiple times per day for years in college and high school.  When the time came to get a job, I quit, like many folks.  It wasn’t hard.

I repeat, it’s weed.

Your confusing a lack of personal discipline with an addiction.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People become dependent on all kinds of things, McDonalds Diet Coke, coffee, whatever, it doesn’t mean it’s some crazy addiction like opioids.

It’s weed dude.  I smoked it multiple times per day for years in college and high school.  When the time came to get a job, I quit, like many folks.  It wasn’t hard.

I repeat, it’s weed.

Your confusing a lack of personal discipline with an addiction.

There are legitimate withdrawal symptoms when a daily smoker quits. People depend on it. Like...that IS an addiction. And you're right, sugar, caffeine, etc...those are addictions as well.

The point is that the dependency of weed can alter one's priorities, ruin motivation, etc. People try to find ways to sneak around and get away with it without getting caught, much like Josh Gordon. 

If it wasn't addictive, people like Gordon wouldn't have gotten in trouble, because he would have quit immediately after being offered millions of dollars to stay clean...What more evidence do you need?

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

This is very risky to put this guy around Gordon. One more and Gordon is gone for life.

Gordon is not going to fail because of anyone else, If Gordon fails at this point it will be on him.

the good thing is that the longer you stay clean the easier it gets. So it’s looking very good for Gordon.

also if Gordon has truly beaten this what better person to be a mentor 

58 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

There are legitimate withdrawal symptoms when a daily smoker quits. People depend on it. Like...that IS an addiction. And you're right, sugar, caffeine, etc...those are addictions as well.

Minor addictions easily overcome with any modicum of self control.  There’s a reason everyone over 18 isn’t a pothead.

The point is that the dependency of weed can alter one's priorities, ruin motivation, etc. People try to find ways to sneak around and get away with it without getting caught, much like Josh Gordon. 

The lack of motivation and energy isn’t a byproduct of dependency, it’s a byproduct of being high.  Stop taking bong rips, hop in the shower, eat a meal and you’ll be good to go.

If it wasn't addictive, people like Gordon wouldn't have gotten in trouble, because he would have quit immediately after being offered millions of dollars to stay clean...

Stupidity and a lack of self control.  Those two things are responsible for most eff ups. This isn’t heroin, there’s night DT’s, etc. 

What more evidence do you need?

Just because folks like yourself want to legitimize every possible lack of self control as deeply complex condition doesn’t mean everyone subscribes to that.  I smoked weed, regularly, for years.  When it’s time to give it up, it’s not hard. Like at all. I’m speaking from personal experience and the personal experience of every other person who stopped smoking weed that I’ve ever met.  Of the dozens of folks I know who did smoke weed, not one ever said “Bruh I just can’t stop!”  Even the guys who still smoke regularly can stop for drug test with no concern.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I smoked it multiple times per day for years in college and high school.  When the time came to get a job, I quit, like many folks.  It wasn’t hard.

Times that by a lot and that was me. Never a symptom quitting cold turkey for a job I started 12 years ago. I still smoke cigarettes, that is an addiction. Easier for some to kick than others but that is real for me, weed wasn't. I have cut smoking cigarettes in half but that's mostly because of expense, too expensive to be a pack a day habit. Especially when my dog has averaged about a thousand dollars per month in vet bills the last 6 months and has ACL surgery on the 7th.

Archived