Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NateDawg

Gordon and Callaway

Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. More likely?

    • Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of the dozens of folks I know who did smoke weed, not one ever said “Bruh I just can’t stop!”  Even the guys who still smoke regularly can stop for drug test with no concern.  

The stupid ones have trouble but that's just because they can't resist the want, there is no need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The stupid ones have trouble but that's just because they can't resist the want, there is no need.

I have a couple friends that are weak minded enough to be convinced they are addicted to it and cannot stop. Every little thing that goes wrong they have to use it or they will simply die (in their mind). No real physical need, all mental. Luckily they are not Browns fans, nor a part of this forum or they would constantly be in a smoke cloud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The stupid ones have trouble but that's just because they can't resist the want, there is no need.

I think the psychological dependence doesn't stem from weed itself, but probably people who are depressed and were knowingly/unknowingly using it to combat that.  They aren't naturally producing those happy chemicals so the fallout comes from the a condition they have either way.

I agree though that it shouldn't have been so difficult for Gordon to stop, but apparently his drug dependency extended beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Times that by a lot and that was me. Never a symptom quitting cold turkey for a job I started 12 years ago.

Same.  Couldn’t be easier.  You just don’t smoke.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still smoke cigarettes, that is an addiction.

I used to smoke.  THAT is a damned addiction.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Easier for some to kick than others but that is real for me, weed wasn't.

It’s not lol.  Dudes that “can’t stop” aren’t trying that hard.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have cut smoking cigarettes in half but that's mostly because of expense, too expensive to be a pack a day habit. Especially when my dog has averaged about a thousand dollars per month in vet bills the last 6 months and has ACL surgery on the 7th.

I wouldn’t spend 1k a month on my kids healthcare you pet loving psycho. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think the psychological dependence doesn't stem from weed itself, but probably people who are depressed and were knowingly/unknowingly using it to combat that.  They aren't naturally producing those happy chemicals so the fallout comes from the a condition they have either way.

I agree though that it shouldn't have been so difficult for Gordon to stop, but apparently his drug dependency extended beyond that.

I think things like peer pressure/peer expectations and the fear of disappointing those folks is a lot of it, cuz in ain’t the blunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think things like peer pressure/peer expectations and the fear of disappointing those folks is a lot of it, cuz in ain’t the blunt.

Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it is for everyone else. It is also the environment you're in, there's plenty of factors. But there are proven symptoms that endure from quitting. You're right, it doesn't compare to heroin. But some people can't "just stop." That's an insult to say that everyone can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

It’s easy for anyone who wants to quit.  Again, I’ve yet to meet a person who needed to, wanted to, and couldn’t.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

It is also the environment you're in, there's plenty of factors. But there are proven symptoms that endure from quitting. You're right, it doesn't compare to heroin. But some people can't "just stop." That's an insult to say that everyone can.

IDGAF if it is an insult, I’ve got plenty more for their useless arses. It’s weed dude, it’s not as if this is some exotic drug no one has tried, half the people in the county have smoked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s easy for anyone who wants to quit.  Again, I’ve yet to meet a person who needed to, wanted to, and couldn’t.

IDGAF if it is an insult, I’ve got plenty more for their useless arses. It’s weed dude, it’s not as if this is some exotic drug no one has tried, half the people in the county have smoked it.

That's entirely false. It takes some serious willpower to stop for some people. I realize you said you haven't met anyone who it was tough for. I am telling you now, that for plenty of people, it is. I'm not against weed, I know it's not deadly like other substances, but to say that all Josh Gordon had to do was "just stop" is not only insensitive, but ignorant.

I'm not going to argue over this anymore. You're an awesome member of this forum, but I had to stick up for my beliefs on this issues. It's not always easy, period.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's entirely false. It takes some serious willpower to stop for some people. I realize you said you haven't met anyone who it was tough for. I am telling you now, that for plenty of people, it is. I'm not against weed, I know it's not deadly like other substances, but to say that all Josh Gordon had to do was "just stop" is not only insensitive, but ignorant.

I'm not going to argue over this anymore. You're an awesome member of this forum, but I had to stick up for my beliefs on this issues. It's not always easy, period.

 

Agree to disagree, no worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agree to disagree, no worries.

Yeah I won't say no one ever hasn't had some dependency on it but I had scores of friends who use/used and never encountered a story that would indicate such a thing. My wife is allergic to pineapple, I never met anyone else that was but she is special. There may be a special person out there somewhere that feels a physical addiction to the substance, even though it would probably be mental or made up I'll still leave that window slightly cracked even though I've seen no real world indication that it has ever happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have cut smoking cigarettes in half but that's mostly because of expense, too expensive to be a pack a day habit.

Me, too.

From 1.5-2+ packs a day to less than a half.

I did it for the economics, for sure, but more because I want to live.

Trying to figure out how to take the next step (e.g., To < 5).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Me, too.

From 1.5-2+ packs a day to less than a half.

I did it for the economics, for sure, but more because I want to live.

Trying to figure out how to take the next step (e.g., To < 5).

 

My advice is man up and quit cold turkey.

I tried to help my mom quit smoking when I was younger and I came up with a gradual plan. She started out smoking over 2 packs a day of Reds and I had gotten her down to a Ultra Light and 1 pack an entire week. I was a young kid and thought she was doing great and then she dropped at work one morning and died the next morning because of a brain aneurysm caused by a combination of thinning blood vessel walls and high blood pressure both of which I am 100% certain were caused by smoking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah as a former smoker the only way to quit is to just stop.

The first few days (about 72 hours) suck, buck up buttercup.

After a week, you’re ok, minus some triggers (coffee, after eating, etc).

If you have a drink or two, the urge is real.  Takes a solid 6 months to squash that urge.

If I can do it, you can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I can do it, you can do it.

How about substituting a hookah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Me, too.

From 1.5-2+ packs a day to less than a half.

I did it for the economics, for sure, but more because I want to live.

Trying to figure out how to take the next step (e.g., To < 5).

 

Patches helped me tremendously. I tried cold turkey, it was miserable.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×