Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NateDawg

Gordon and Callaway

Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. More likely?

    • Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby


Recommended Posts

On 5/3/2018 at 7:59 PM, DizzyDean said:

I would love to see this kid work out, I really would.

do you think he can learn to push off like brown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

do you think he can learn to push off like brown?

If he gets away with it, then of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so, I just watched this kids presser at clevelandbrowns.com.  I feel much better about the pick now.  I did not sense an attitude problem, I did not sense a "me versus the world" vibe that could really lead to issues.

I sensed a kid that has had a hard life, that has been a struggle from a very young age.  A young man that has made several mistakes, a young man that has been humbled by life, but now a young man that realizes that he has a way out in front of him, and has the motivation to stay on the right path with his daughter, taking his mother and his sisters out of that and away from those struggles.

I was rooting for this kid from the moment that they called his name during the draft since he was chosen by the Browns.  Now I root for him for other reasons as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Ok, so, I just watched this kids presser at clevelandbrowns.com.  I feel much better about the pick now.  I did not sense an attitude problem, I did not sense a "me versus the world" vibe that could really lead to issues.

I sensed a kid that has had a hard life, that has been a struggle from a very young age.  A young man that has made several mistakes, a young man that has been humbled by life, but now a young man that realizes that he has a way out in front of him, and has the motivation to stay on the right path with his daughter, taking his mother and his sisters out of that and away from those struggles.

I was rooting for this kid from the moment that they called his name during the draft since he was chosen by the Browns.  Now I root for him for other reasons as well.

I agree with @DizzyDean which might be a 1st lol. I both think and hope this young man figures it out as he does seem to have all the talent in the world. Time will tell with Antonio Callaway but I'm cautiously optimistic. I honestly think Josh Gordon might help in showing this kid what can happen if you let the devils lettuce run your life lol and hopefully be a mentor to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I agree with @DizzyDean which might be a 1st lol. I both think and hope this young man figures it out as he does seem to have all the talent in the world. Time will tell with Antonio Callaway but I'm cautiously optimistic. I honestly think Josh Gordon might help in showing this kid what can happen if you let the devils lettuce run your life lol and hopefully be a mentor to him. 

I hope Jg just talks about the 40 million dollars he’s missed out on by not playing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I agree with @DizzyDean which might be a 1st lol. I both think and hope this young man figures it out as he does seem to have all the talent in the world. Time will tell with Antonio Callaway but I'm cautiously optimistic. I honestly think Josh Gordon might help in showing this kid what can happen if you let the devils lettuce run your life lol and hopefully be a mentor to him. 

well its not just the devils lettuce. Gordon had issues with Lean and boozes. Callaway has had issues with other major serious crimes besides drugs. I feel like Callaway could be a sleeper OROY if he stays clean and plays. Dude has special talent and could be huge playing next to Landry and Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I hope Jg just talks about the 40 million dollars he’s missed out on by not playing 

If this is not enough to motivate a person to stay clean, and out of trouble, then absolutely nothing is.  At that point, only time and maturity can help.  Fingers crossed that it has for Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

If this is not enough to motivate a person to stay clean, and out of trouble, then absolutely nothing is.

This statement is completely false. Missed opportunities cannot break bad habits. Rather, being backed into a corner, a rock bottom of sorts, that's the wakeup call most people in the positions of JG and Callaway need. Gordon's basically on his final strike, Callaway's miscues have pretty much left him in an eerily similar position.

But no, millions of dollars can't break an addiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This statement is completely false. Missed opportunities cannot break bad habits. Rather, being backed into a corner, a rock bottom of sorts, that's the wakeup call most people in the positions of JG and Callaway need. Gordon's basically on his final strike, Callaway's miscues have pretty much left him in an eerily similar position.

But no, millions of dollars can't break an addiction.

I wasn't speaking about the missed opportunities, I am speaking about the money that was in front of him not being enough motivation to stay clean.  It was like there was a mountain of cash on the table, and some weed on the other end of the table, he knew that he could only choose one, and he chose the weed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I wasn't speaking about the missed opportunities, I am speaking about the money that was in front of him not being enough motivation to stay clean.  It was like there was a mountain of cash on the table, and some weed on the other end of the table, he knew that he could only choose one, and he chose the weed.

Hence, the money being the missed opportunity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Hence, the money being the missed opportunity...

It was but you still missed the point.  I was not saying anything about missed opportunity in my comment about motivation.  I was talking about that mountain of money not being able to motivate him to stay clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

It was but you still missed the point.  I was not saying anything about missed opportunity in my comment about motivation.  I was talking about that mountain of money not being able to motivate him to stay clean.

Then you're missing my point. That "mountain of money" (AKA a missed opportunity as I put it) is not going to do the trick for someone with those issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Then you're missing my point. That "mountain of money" (AKA a missed opportunity as I put it) is not going to do the trick for someone with those issues.

Imo I think Callaway might be a little more motivated then JG was, if nothing else cause he has a new born daughter. Kids have a weird way of motivating you to be better. I don't have any kids so I'm not speaking from experience but I'm sure some parents out there will agree. Just my opinion but I really hope we are seeing a Gordon, Laundry, Callaway, and Njoku lineup. In fact I'm kinda salivating over here just posting about it lol. 

Edited by buckeyesNut0623

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Then you're missing my point. That "mountain of money" (AKA a missed opportunity as I put it) is not going to do the trick for someone with those issues.

Missed opportunities could be a CURRENT motivator, as in today, right now.  We have no idea if it is or not, or how Gordon will respond.

My original thought was PAST motivators that he obviously did not respond to. The mountain of cash.  It was not missed opportunities at the time, it was unrealized opportunities, all he had to do was grab the brass ring, he grabbed the weed instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Missed opportunities could be a CURRENT motivator, as in today, right now.  We have no idea if it is or not, or how Gordon will respond.

My original thought was PAST motivators that he obviously did not respond to. The mountain of cash.  It was not missed opportunities at the time, it was unrealized opportunities, all he had to do was grab the brass ring, he grabbed the weed instead.

Now you're splitting hairs. Money is not a cure for addiction, PERIOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×