Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

1. 1. More likely?

• Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby

4 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Imo I think Callaway might be a little more motivated then JG was, if nothing else cause he has a new born daughter. Kids have a weird way of motivating you to be better. I don't have any kids so I'm not speaking from experience but I'm sure some parents out there will agree. Just my opinion but I really hope we are seeing a Gordon, Laundry, Callaway, and Njoku lineup. In fact I'm kinda salivating over here just posting about it lol. 

Yeah man, I definitely think having a kid is a major wakeup call. Raising a newborn takes some serious responsibility. I think that, plus Antonio Brown's mentorship, and the realization that this could be his last strike - those three factors might just be enough to get his *** in gear.

35 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Now you're splitting hairs. Money is not a cure for addiction, PERIOD.

I was not speaking about a cure for addiction.  I was speaking about motivation to seek a cure.  Missed opportunities is also not a cure for addition.  Did you have a point here?

8 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I was not speaking about a cure for addiction.  I was speaking about motivation to seek a cure.  Missed opportunities is also not a cure for addition.  Did you have a point here?

Yeah, I had to speak up when you said that if the money wouldn't do the trick, nothing will.

I'm FAR from an expert on addiction, so I'll let other's speak, as they have more experience and are probably more educated on the subject. For HBK (Shawn Michaels), he said that his wake up call came when his 2 year old kid tried to wake him up after he was passed out doing drugs:

https://www.thefix.com/former-wwe-champion-shawn-michaels-talks-about-overcoming-drug-addiction

But things became complicated when his new wife, Rebecca Curci, became pregnant with their first child in 1999. Michaels vowed to clean up his act before the baby was born, but still found himself heavily using substances afterwards. It wasn’t until his then-two-year-old son, Cameron, became cognizant of his drug use that he knew he had to change his ways.

"I’m getting myself into a little bit of a haze, and my son’s crawling on me, and I can hear him faintly say, 'Daddy’s tired,'" recalled Michaels to WWE. “And for the first time I realize … he can now see that there’s a difference in me. And it just hits me like a ton of bricks, like, ‘Oh my goodness, he sees it now.’”

That was his "rock bottom" moment, when he knew that he needed help, sought it, etc.

Hopefully Callaway and Gordon both had their "rock bottom" wake up call moments. I think Gordon is there potentially. I don't think Callaway is, but I hope that I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yeah, I had to speak up when you said that if the money wouldn't do the trick, nothing will.

Context context context.  My response was in regard that missed opportunity may motivate him to clean up.  If the mountains of cash in front of him and the opportunity to grab the brass ring would not motivate him to get clean, then certainly regret of missing those opportunities would not do the trick.  Kinda pathetic that this has to come full circle in explanation, but here we are.

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

The biggest, unless you completely lack responsibility.

Yes. 

Some people don’t rise to the occasion. I don’t know Callaway, I hope he is a better man than his track record.

Whoever he is, we will find out.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm FAR from an expert on addiction, so I'll let other's speak, as they have more experience and are probably more educated on the subject. For HBK (Shawn Michaels), he said that his wake up call came when his 2 year old kid tried to wake him up after he was passed out doing drugs:

https://www.thefix.com/former-wwe-champion-shawn-michaels-talks-about-overcoming-drug-addiction

That was his "rock bottom" moment, when he knew that he needed help, sought it, etc.

Hopefully Callaway and Gordon both had their "rock bottom" wake up call moments. I think Gordon is there potentially. I don't think Callaway is, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Marijuana isn’t. Chemically addictive drug like meph or heroine. 

I have never smoked weed. People use it for a variety of reasons. Some people use to to turn the volume of the voice in their head (their thought life). 

I have had a friend come off weed and it was too much for him to deal with all the crap running through his head. He had pretty much zero ability to cope or function as an adult. 

Basically if Callaway uses it for its depressing nature (depressing of the nervous system) he will either need a replacement like an antidepressant or he will need to become an emotionally healthy adult. 

If he just uses it for recreational weed isn’t a problem. 

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Its just rumor, so there is no source that I can provide, but I hear that the Browns are shopping Coleman hard right now.  Sounds like they like Gordon and Callaway a lot on the outside.

I think that could be a dangerous combo along with Juice and Njoku. I would really like for them to give Coleman another year without being the #1 and see how he performs. I feel like at WR you need to give them at least 3 years but they will probably forget more about football then I'll ever know so I'll leave it up to the FO. 

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Its just rumor, so there is no source that I can provide, but I hear that the Browns are shopping Coleman hard right now.  Sounds like they like Gordon and Callaway a lot on the outside.

It sounds like thye are trying to get value for him. They have been shopping him since march. I imagine they want a 3rd for him. 

Archived