Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

1. 1. More likely?

• Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It sounds like thye are trying to get value for him. They have been shopping him since march. I imagine they want a 3rd for him. 

Imo he is worth more then that. I'm a firm believer in WR's needing 3 years to get the NFL down. WR more so then any other position imo needs more time to see what you actually have before you cut bait. Coleman has been the #1 receiver since he was drafted, I think they should see what he does as the #3 before trading him. I think there will be a huge difference between him playing against the #3 CB apposed to every teams #1 CB obviously. WR might actually be a strength if they can just be a little more patient 

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Imo he is worth more then that. I'm a firm believer in WR's needing 3 years to get the NFL down. WR more so then any other position imo needs more time to see what you actually have before you cut bait. Coleman has been the #1 receiver since he was drafted, I think they should see what he does as the #3 before trading him. I think there will be a huge difference between him playing against the #3 CB apposed to every teams #1 CB obviously. WR might actually be a strength if they can just be a little more patient 

I agree, I htink it is moronic to trade him. 

why not have 4 good WR's fighting for time. 

so much better than having 3 midgets and old guys that can't be bothered playing anymore. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I agree, I htink it is moronic to trade him. 

why not have 4 good WR's fighting for time. 

so much better than having 3 midgets and old guys that can't be bothered playing anymore. 

WR and DL and OL are areas where I think you want a great unit a great player. 

6 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

It's ******* spectacular. As I alluded to in an earlier post, there's no better healing for someone in recovery than mentoring another person going through the same crap. Additionally, it's just as beneficial for Callaway to work with someone who has gone through similar struggles and has dealt with the consequences.

If Gordon is as serious about his recovery as it seems, then there could not be a better situation for Callaway, and Josh.

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's ******* spectacular. As I alluded to in an earlier post, there's no better healing for someone in recovery than mentoring another person going through the same crap. Additionally, it's just as beneficial for Callaway to work with someone who has gone through similar struggles and has dealt with the consequences.

If Gordon is as serious about his recovery as it seems, then there could not be a better situation for Callaway, and Josh.

Perhaps more importantly from the team's and our standpoints if this all leads to a happy ending we end up with one the of  the better receiving corps in the NFL.

One less excuse for Hueball.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It sounds like thye are trying to get value for him. They have been shopping him since march. I imagine they want a 3rd for him. 

Honestly, right now I do not think that is possible after 2 bust worthy years on the hapless Browns.  I do not think any team would give up a 3rd.  Honestly, I would rather keep him as depth and let him compete.  See if he can beat someone out, or at worst be a super sub for Landry when we are in stretch the field deep ball mode.

17 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Honestly, right now I do not think that is possible after 2 bust worthy years on the hapless Browns.  I do not think any team would give up a 3rd.  Honestly, I would rather keep him as depth and let him compete.  See if he can beat someone out, or at worst be a super sub for Landry when we are in stretch the field deep ball mode.

We know he's capable of being an above average receiver in this league. I don't know what the heck happened to him, but I know damn well that a receiver is nowhere near their potential through only two (partial) seasons of NFL football.

Landry, Gordon, Callaway, Coleman...if that competition doesn't bring out the best in you, I have no idea what will. The dude should have the biggest damn chip on his shoulder after the way things ended last season. If he truly cares about this game, he's going to return with a vengeance. I want to be sure that tenacity is on our side.

We won't get the value back in a trade for Coleman that would make it worth trading him away. He's got considerable upside still and will now have the luxury of playing with a solid QB and a bunch of other studs on offense. I have no problems with Coleman. He's underwhelmed thus far for sure, but I have a feeling he steps it up this year and becomes a very good #2 WR for us, allowing Landry to work in the slot and Gordon to work as the prototypical X WR. I'm thrilled about our WR group actually. I don't want us to make any changes to that WR room.

Archived