Cleveland Browns Positivity Thread v2.0

NudeTayne

Haters get the Iggy. Bye, Felicia.

This draft has been EPIC. 

I have the greatest feeling about Dorsey.

It takes cojones the size of grapefruits to take the best PLAYER in the draft despite all the pressure from the media and fans to do otherwise.

Same goes for pick 4. The more I read about Denzel, the more I love. We're gonna all look back and weep tears of joy for both Sashi and Dorsey.

Austin Corbett may end up being the best left tackle in the draft, weak class or not. I didn't know about him before, but I am watching now. I'm glad Dorsey ignored all the Shon Coleman talk. If Coleman beasts, Corbett could be a franchise center. I expect him to take the LT role sooner rather than later, though.

Nick Chubb was arguably the best running back period before the injury. Well, that's in the rearview now. I'll trust a proven talent evaluator and a staff of the best talent evaluators over some MelJrJrJrs. I love watching Chubb run and see him as a plug and play sure thing.

Even though I don't know much about Chad Thomas, I'll trust that there was the reason why we chose him over so many other players on the defensive line. I actually love that he is already a successful musician, which makes me believe he is driven, goal oriented and knows how to succeed. He has all the tools to be very good. I can see this similar to the ogunjobi pick last year where we all scratched our heads not really knowing the guy but then saw him be pretty darn good. I'll trust Dorsey. Whether or not he has earned my absolute trust, I know he has not earned my absolute distrust.

And the trade up for Antonio Callaway...fap fap fap. I took him in pretty much every single fanspeak mock I've done for the last month, mostly thinking to myself but that would be the only way I would get him on the grounds. I'm so excited about him. I've listened to him talk several times very recently, and I really do think he has the ability to completely take a 180 in his life. I'll take the bed in the fourth round.

So far...

QB1, CB1, LT1, RB1, WR1 and a DT/DE hybrid with upside.

I AM LOVING THIS DRAFT.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE LOVERS.

If they have a franchise QB, it’s a win, period. Everything else falls in line. This team rides or does by the QB.

Stats speaking, not everyone will pan out. If they get 2-3 good starters on top of their franchise QB, you have to like that.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not if his play is any indication he doesn’t.

According to PFF he has only allowed 23 pressures the last two seasons....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-hidden-gems-underrated-prospects-in-the-draft

... and “one of the best pass protecting LT in the nation.”

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ranking-the-interior-ol-prospects-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

I’m not saying he’s a stud, but he’s certainly got a chance to be decent.  We’ll see.  

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Jeff Risdon had him listed as his #14 overall prospect. I don't know much about his game but it seems scouts love him.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Bit didn’t have the greatest feet coming out of Nevada. Hell they say Corbett was a better LT than Bit. Hell he replaced him lol. So if you or others think Bit can play LT than Corbett could as well

Yup. Corbett is just what the line needs.

Drafted both talent and need. Chad Thomas is exactly what we need as an inside rusher in terms of size and athleticism. 

Tyrod and Baker have everything they need with the addition of depth/playmaking in Chubb, Calloway, Corbett.

More I see of Baker the more I like. He's gonna rub people the wrong way sometimes. He's also going to stand up for himself and his team, and that's what the Browns in general need to do. Talk trash so that way you have something to back up and a need to light the fire instead of just cower and expect to lose.

2 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Drafted both talent and need. Chad Thomas is exactly what we need as an inside rusher in terms of size and athleticism. 

I wonder if he is going to be the pass rushing DT we were all keeping our eyes out for. He's 280ish. Maybe they'll play him at 290 once he maxes out his frame in an NFL training program.

Tyrod and Baker have everything they need with the addition of depth/playmaking in Chubb, Calloway, Corbett.

Yup. The offense is going to be a well oiled machine (like my body as I look over this draft class).

More I see of Baker the more I like. He's gonna rub people the wrong way sometimes. He's also going to stand up for himself and his team, and that's what the Browns in general need to do. Talk trash so that way you have something to back up and a need to light the fire instead of just cower and expect to lose.

It was so clear to me from the get-go how much Baker truly wanted this. I believe he's the only quarterback in the draft who wanted to go number one to show everyone that he could turn around the Browns and not just so he could say he went number 1 on an egotistical level.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So is it polically correct to come in here and derail this thread with negativity like the negative cussing reaction thread was with positive people or is this just a one way thing?

Asking for a friend.

Free country you can speak your mind, you just may have to put up with people complaining about it. Oh, and Nude's wrath.

This draft is questionable to the fans who don't do their due diligence...making it a win, IMO.

Baker, y'all know where I stand. Darnold was my guy, but Baker was my #2 (AKA That's My ****)

I've been an avid non-supporter of the Chubb at 4 movement. Ward, naturally, was preferred in my eyes. My lone concern is whether his frame, which is more on the frail side, will hold up for 16 weeks. I expect him to bulk up a bit, and the way he played in college, he could definitely hold his own. The thought of having a guy who can lock down OBJ and AB84 is so thrilling to me. Ward's sheer coverage ability, combined with speed and instincts is right up there amongst the best in the league.

Corbett was questionable for me at first. Kiper saying he's an interior linemen in this league concerned me, but, after doing some of my own research, I think he could compete for that LT spot. He's a man on a mission, extremely humble, and grateful. He will put in more than enough work to do what it takes to succeed in this league. Very underrated guy in my eyes. We got him right where he should be.

Chubb...Obv love it. Mind's criticism aside, dude's a straight beast. Most people projected that he and Barkley were the only two backs in this class who could become career three-down guys. Chubb is just a beastly runner. Hopeful that the injury is not of much concern.

Chad Thomas was the one pick I really questioned. But I heard Wolf and Highsmith calling him the most physical D-lineman in the draft. He's great in coverage and against the run. So this could very turn out to be a solid NFL player, and alongside Garrett/Ogbah, there's certainly some promise.

My favorite move right now is this Calloway pick. You could make the case that he's the most talented receiver in this draft class. I expect that Dorsey did that thing where he looked into his soul and saw authenticity, a genuine willingness to turn his life around and make a name for himself. This is a dude who admittedly has a HUGE chip on his shoulder. I believe he won't let this team down. The fact that Dorsey knows about the Josh Gordon risks and still took him tells me that our organization trusts Calloway to follow through.

2 more rounds and I could not be more excited for the future of this team!!

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I liked baker. I like ward (just wish it was Chubb)

that is all. 

What do you mean? We got Baker, Ward, and Chubb! Positivity FTW.

5 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This draft is questionable to the fans who don't do their due diligence...making it a win, IMO.

Baker, y'all know where I stand. Darnold was my guy, but Baker was my #2 (AKA My ****)

You're going to like Baker. Trust me on that one. Good luck to Sam in NY, but it's Baker time. LET'S GOOOOOO!(BROWNIES)

I've been an avid non-supporter of the Chubb at 4 movement. Ward, naturally, was preferred in my eyes. My lone concern is whether his frame, which is more on the frail side, will hold up for 16 weeks. I expect him to bulk up a bit, and the way he played in college, he could definitely hold his own. The thought of having a guy who can lock down OBJ and AB84 is so thrilling to me. Ward's sheer coverage ability, combined with speed and instincts is right up there amongst the best in the league.

I expect him to add 5 lb or so of muscle and play lights out for the next decade or more. I've grown to love this pick. He's got the elite skill set, the elite athleticism, the elite Homer Ohio State cornerback pick, the elite character, feels a huge need at an elite position, and his name for feels the Madden draft Superstar development trait.

Corbett was questionable for me at first. Kiper saying he's an interior linemen in this league concerned me, but, after doing some of my own research, I REALIZE THAT KIPER IS JUST ANOTHER SKIP BAYLESS THROWING OUT RANDOM SENSATIONALISM THAT IS OCCASIONALLY RIGHT AND OFTEN WRONG. I think he could compete for that LT spot. He's a man on a mission, extremely humble, and grateful. He will put in more than enough work to do what it takes to succeed in this league. Very underrated guy in my eyes. We got him right where he should be.

Love.

Chubb...Obv love it. Mind's criticism aside, dude's a straight beast. Most people projected that he and Barkley were the only two backs in this class who could become career three-down guys. Chubb is just a beastly runner. Hopeful that the injury is not of much concern.

Chad Thomas was the one pick I really questioned. But I heard Wolf and Highsmith calling him the most physical D-lineman in the draft. He's great in coverage and against the run. So this could very turn out to be a solid NFL player, and alongside Garrett/Ogbah, there's certainly some promise.

Yep. I'm kind of excited that they went to bat for a couple unusual names because I want to see how good the scouting Department really is. If these guys end up being Gamers, holy moly are we in for a front office Golden Age.

My favorite move right now is this Calloway pick. You could make the case that he's the most talented receiver in this draft class. I expect that Dorsey did that thing where he looked into his soul and saw authenticity, a genuine willingness to turn his life around and make a name for himself. This is a dude who admittedly has a HUGE chip on his shoulder. I believe he won't let this team down. The fact that Dorsey knows about the Josh Gordon risks and still took him tells me that our organization trusts Calloway to follow through.

Fap +1

2 more rounds and I could not be more excited for the future of this team!!

This

Archived