Cleveland Browns Positivity Thread v2.0

NudeTayne

A few other positive thoughts...

Corbett...something nasty in him. Sounds all nice on conf call then says something that I did not expect... then you see him on the field just finishing people and unsuspecting defenders.

Thomas is exactly what I was looking for. A guy who can either maul or blow past interior lineman due to his length and athleticism. Also more batted passes. Shorter, squatty DT's can just ride em out or hold them but Thomas can get get a little more skinny and also use his length to do what he wants to interior OL.

Chubb is so old school. Makes the right decisions. Most yards are after contact. Not trying to be the hero by hitting home runs but by getting the tough yards. Never goes down easy. Leg drive.

Calloway is going to be in a great position to make plays right away. A 4 WR set with either Njoku or Duke as the 5th option. Calloway or Coleman are going to have some great rac opportunities to use their speed. Or Jarvis will have a field day. Also if Coleman can't stay healthy then you have an equal talent to put in there.

My final thought...how can teams be forced to throw at Ward? He's going to be all over wr's. Combined with the pressure Myles will be bringing if you can force the QB to throw it at Ward he will have some good int opportunities.

Just gonna put up the numbers:

Calais Campbell-combine.                             Chad Thomas

6076 290.                                                           6050 281

5.04 40 (1.70 10 yard split).                            4.78 40 (1.74 10 yard split)

29.5 very 9'03" broad.                                       32.5 very 9'10" broad

7.45 three cone 4.69 ss.                                  7.36 three cone 4.83 ss

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. Corbett is just what the line needs.

Go watch his game against ND. He starts off rough but begins to play very well after the first quarter. Another thing I noticed is that Nevada is getting stomped and he's still giving 100% every play. I love this pick more and more.

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Just gonna put up the numbers:

Calais Campbell-combine.                             Chad Thomas

6076 290.                                                           6050 281

5.04 40 (1.70 10 yard split).                            4.78 40 (1.74 10 yard split)

29.5 very 9'03" broad.                                       32.5 very 9'10" broad

7.45 three cone 4.69 ss.                                  7.36 three cone 4.83 ss

I think he's a little less athletic version of Tuck. Needs a few years to develop but it's there.

6 hours ago, matt27j said:

Talk trash so that way you have something to back up and a need to light the fire instead of just cower and expect to lose.

Or you always could be professional about it.

“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.” 
-- Paul Brown

Talk is cheap.

Why is Genard Avery listed at ILB? I never watched him before an hour ago but every highlight and youtube video I have found he clearly plays OLB and up on the LOS. He is built like James Harrison and plays a lot like him as well. I would say a more athletic less powerful James Harrison.

53 minutes ago, bruceb said:

-- Paul Brown

Talk is cheap.

Bam!  @bruceb from the top turnbuckle with a truth bomb to the face! From seemingly outta nowhere, the wily vet shows there's still fight in that old dog yet.B|:D

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

-- Paul Brown

Talk is cheap.

The way I see it, everybody talks down to and about the Browns. If someone comes up to you and says the Browns suck and you're just silent that's going to affirm their belief. It's going to seep into your mind. It's how we got to the downtrodden state we're in. 

Talking, and having the confidence to do so despite what others may think, is a step towards self-respect. 

A step towards positivity is telling that person that their team sucks and the Browns are going to whoop them. If we all did that, maybe we'd root a little harder and that extra volume and energy in our collective voice is enough to throw the opposing QB off their game and help get the Browns a win. Maybe with that kind of energy we'd win every home game.

Talk may be the cheapest way to help win the game.

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Why is Genard Avery listed at ILB? I never watched him before an hour ago but every highlight and youtube video I have found he clearly plays OLB and up on the LOS. He is built like James Harrison and plays a lot like him as well. I would say a more athletic less powerful James Harrison.

Between Dorsey and Gregg great finds in him and Thomas. Every type of rusher now. Love how Avery wants to use that inside hand but just doesn't have the length. Gregg will have him just go bull or turn corner. 

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

No problem, buddy! Although, I'm not sure how I feel about being lumped in with that dirty islander @Kiwibrown. Heard he was trying to pass himself off as Australian. Just shameful really. When will that poor white New Zealand trash learn?!;):P

He is as solid as they come.

Disregard the origin.

I am sure the lineage is good.

2 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Maybe with that kind of energy we'd win every home game.

We will win games by having the right talent with the right coaching, preparing well and executing,

If you are counting on an artificial substitute for competence and preparation to win, you will not win often.

3 minutes ago, matt27j said:

The way I see it, everybody talks down to and about the Browns. If someone comes up to you and says the Browns suck and you're just silent that's going to affirm their belief. It's going to seep into your mind. It's how we got to the downtrodden state we're in. 

Talking, and having the confidence to do so despite what others may think, is a step towards self-respect. 

A step towards positivity is telling that person that their team sucks and the Browns are going to whoop them. If we all did that, maybe we'd root a little harder and that extra volume and energy in our collective voice is enough to throw the opposing QB off their game and help get the Browns a win. Maybe with that kind of energy we'd win every home game.

Talk may be the cheapest way to help win the game.

Between Dorsey and Gregg great finds in him and Thomas. Every type of rusher now. Love how Avery wants to use that inside hand but just doesn't have the length. Gregg will have him just go bull or turn corner. 

It's all good, buddy. I think we get ya. Bruce is old school. Nothing personal. Yeah, I really dig the Avery pick too. Straight athlete! Happy to read your posts.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He is as solid as they come.

Disregard the origin.

I am sure the lineage is good.

Nah... I like Kiwi. In fact, when I travel to New Zealand on vacation one day, I'll be staying at his place. He just doesn't know it yet.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

It's all good, buddy. I think we get ya. Bruce is old school. Nothing personal. Yeah, I really dig the Avery pick too. Straight athlete! Happy to read your posts.

Maybe someday I will learn to be as charming as you, but I doubt it.:)

Archived