Packers vs. Eagles

ChaRisMa

Packers vs Eagles (Preseason)

Lambda Field. Thursday August 10th. 7 PM CST. Television station statewide mapped out below (all preseason games included)

2017-Affiliate-Map.jpg

What the Commentary Will be abOut all game:

~AarOn RoDgers not playing. Hundley Hundley HippoS TIme to shiNe.

~RooKieS + new faces.

~Doug Pederson returns to Lambeau.

~Terrible football all 4th quarter.

~Jeff Janis TDs.

Preseason football (no-look fist bump to the guy in the bar stool next to me) is fun and frustrating.

Green Bay uses these games to evaluate players. We have a tendency to lose the first and last preseason games and win the second and third games of the preseason.

In the last 11 years we have won the first game only four times and the last preseason game only four times. In the same time frame we have won the second game eight times and the third game seven times. We would have won the third game eight times also, but in 2006 the Cincinnati Bengals went beyond the usual preseason vanilla, played their starters well into the second half, and put up 48 points against us to get three fourths of the way through a 4-0 preseason tear that ended up netting them an 8-8 regular season record.

We have never lost or won all of our preseason games. Super Bowl champions have never lost or won all of their preseason games.

Oh--as another reminder to enjoy the one or two losses sure to come our way in a preseason that the Green Bay coaches use to make the Packers a better team in the regular and post-season--the Detroit Lions once won all four preseason games, got their fans into a "Super Boll Here We Come" frenzy, and then lost 16 games in a row.

We have so much to be thankful for, and much of it has to do with not being Lions or Bengal fans.

Speaking of evaluating players...The Packers might get a look at Eagles DE, Brandon Graham tomorrow evening. He's a bit on the short side for a full time 4-3 DE in Schwartz's system and the Eagles drafted a potential replacement in Derek Barnett

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Graham played in a 3-4 defense earlier in his career in Philly

Mr. Graham also re-did his contract yesterday, adding some new incentives to sweeten his current deal. Which, coincidentally, wouldn't be difficult to absorb if some random team were so inclined. The Eagles also gave up a boatload of picks in acquiring Wentz, so they might be interested in bolstering their cache of lottery tickets from a team with a new found surplus of 2018 picks.

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

So Shanedorf, are you GMing, pro-scouting, placing bugs in the ears of the front office at 1265 Lombardi Avenue, or just giving us a heads up on a player that might not fit his new scheme?

It's funny.  I know there were many (myself included) that didn't think he could play in space.

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of evaluating players...The Packers might get a look at Eagles DE, Brandon Graham tomorrow evening. He's a bit on the short side for a full time 4-3 DE in Schwartz's system and the Eagles drafted a potential replacement in Derek Barnett

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Graham played in a 3-4 defense earlier in his career in Philly

Mr. Graham also re-did his contract yesterday, adding some new incentives to sweeten his current deal. Which, coincidentally, wouldn't be difficult to absorb if some random team were so inclined. The Eagles also gave up a boatload of picks in acquiring Wentz, so they might be interested in bolstering their cache of lottery tickets from a team with a new found surplus of 2018 picks.

Graham had the best season of his career last year. I don't think we're interested in trading him.

^ Graham was my man-crush in that draft and it was good to see him kick *** last season. No way they're giving up their best pass rusher & I'm pretty sure they drafted Barnett to "start" ahead of over paid Vinny Curry and let their money come off the bench [this is where I put :lol: in on old FF.]

5 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

^ Graham was my man-crush in that draft and it was good to see him kick *** last season. No way they're giving up their best pass rusher & I'm pretty sure they drafted Barnett to "start" ahead of over paid Vinny Curry and let their money come off the bench [this is where I put :lol: in on old FF.]

I miss the laughing face :( 

Week 1 of the Brett Hundley showcase tour. GB gonna be selling him to potential buyers in these games. Last real opportunity for them to do so. Cross fingers he shows well and then the team can move him in the offseason for a better pick than what they spent to draft him

- as is always the case in preseason, please no injuries to key players.

- Looking forward to seeing rookies and 2nd yr players.

I'm excited about watching the following players/things:

Hundley improving his trade value.
Trevor Davis.
Jamaal Williams.
Kevin King.
Josh Jones.
Kyle Fackrell.
Jayrone Elliot.
Lance Kendricks.
Reggie Gilbert.
Kenny Clark.
Dean Lowry.