Packers vs. Eagles

ChaRisMa

Quick lunch time thoughts before I get slammed watching this game tonight:

1. Josh Jones -- let me see the thunder
  2. Pass protection of the rookie running backs + Monty for a few series
  3. Jason Spriggs' development -- does he look more comfortable taking on the size/speed combos. Brandon Graham (DE) on the edge will be a nice test
  4. Kevin King, obviously
  5. Joe Kerridge -- is he a sleeper for the 53? (I think he makes it)
  6. Special teams competition -- can Malachi Dupre push Janis for a roster spot with a strong showing at gunner? He's likely the better receiver with a higher ceiling but it comes down to ST play, and Janis has a spot if he's the superior option come September
  7. Is DeAngelo Yancey (WR) the next James Jones? Came to camp slimmed down 10 pounds from his combine weight, and he has the size/strength combo to factor into the equation
  8. Dean Lowry and Kenny Clark -- probably 2-3 series, but the hope is they both flash
  9. J. Elliot + K. Fackrell and the young edge rushers -- they're under the spotlight the entire year, and it starts now
  10. Cripsness on the holds/snaps -- new holder for Crosby, does it make a difference in the key moments? and a new punter, can Vogel show the consistency it requires at this level?

22 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Quick lunch time thoughts before I get slammed watching this game tonight:

1. Josh Jones -- let me see the thunder
  2. Pass protection of the rookie running backs + Monty for a few series
  3. Jason Spriggs' development -- does he look more comfortable taking on the size/speed combos. Brandon Graham (DE) on the edge will be a nice test
  4. Kevin King, obviously
  5. Joe Kerridge -- is he a sleeper for the 53? (I think he makes it)
  6. Special teams competition -- can Malachi Dupre push Janis for a roster spot with a strong showing at gunner? He's likely the better receiver with a higher ceiling but it comes down to ST play, and Janis has a spot if he's the superior option come September
  7. Is DeAngelo Yancey (WR) the next James Jones? Came to camp slimmed down 10 pounds from his combine weight, and he has the size/strength combo to factor into the equation
  8. Dean Lowry and Kenny Clark -- probably 2-3 series, but the hope is they both flash
  9. J. Elliot + K. Fackrell and the young edge rushers -- they're under the spotlight the entire year, and it starts now
  10. Cripsness on the holds/snaps -- new holder for Crosby, does it make a difference in the key moments? and a new punter, can Vogel show the consistency it requires at this level?

this is pretty much the summary of the whole preseason for me...

the cornerbacks are the biggest focus for me as far as position on the team. they all gotta take a big step this year & stay healthy

also wrap key starters in thick layers of protective foam on the sidelines while they sit & wait for week 1

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Dix

THEORETICALLY if you were playing DFS tonight and you had to be on one Packer, who would ya take.

Trevor Davis? Richard probably grabs a red zone TD. I wouldn't want a RB cause I'm sure Jamaal, Mays, and Aaron will all be in there.

12 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

How did you do this!!!

lol, just copypasta'd the link from the old site. But you'd have to have the link handy constantly.

I miss it too. I was gonna use it one day already by copying and pasting but I was on my phone and got lazy.

15 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Trevor Davis? Richard probably grabs a red zone TD. I wouldn't want a RB cause I'm sure Jamaal, Mays, and Aaron will all be in there.

I think I'm gonna play Mays. I have this feeling he's gonna get touches, just a gut thing.

Last week I did for Thur/Wed then I read a stupid DFS site and both guys I changed out went double digits, it doesn't matter bc I just nickle dimed a few in a double up. It helps me keep track of young guys around the league which I care about more than stars bc I'm weird like that.

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I think I'm gonna play Mays. I have this feeling he's gonna get touches, just a gut thing.

Last week I did for Thur/Wed then I read a stupid DFS site and both guys I changed out went double digits, it doesn't matter bc I just nickle dimed a few in a double up. It helps me keep track of young guys around the league which I care about more than stars bc I'm weird like that.

So hard to do a RB in the preseason cause when do they have big games lol. TJ Yeldon might be a good start if he plays

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

lol, just copypasta'd the link from the old site. But you'd have to have the link handy constantly.

I miss it too. I was gonna use it one day already by copying and pasting but I was on my phone and got lazy.

I typed :lol: my first day out of habit annnnnnnnnnnd

2 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:
11 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I did that about an hour ago :lol:

25 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

Yep me too 

27 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

So hard to do a RB in the preseason cause when do they have big games lol. TJ Yeldon might be a good start if he plays

Yeah, there's a trillion options. It's fun regardless to keep track of during the night and worst case I lose the whopping 20 bucks I put in lol

Mays, Perine, Brian Hill seem to be the ones I picked the most in the 3 ones I threw together. Time to start drinking.

Archived