Packers vs. Eagles

ChaRisMa

18 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Who to watch for you guys? 

The obvious answer is Carson Wentz. He's supposedly looked much better than this time last year. He'll likely only be in for one drive though.

Our strength as a team is in the trenches.

Isaac Seumalo is the new starter at LG. He played all over the line last year and did a nice job. I think he could be a really good player. You guys have some nice interior d-linemen I believe, so I'm interested to see how he looks.

Derek Barnett will probably see a lot of snaps. He's had a meh camp I believe, but beat writers said he appears to be not using his go-to move in practice which is the speed rush. He's working more on developing his counters. I want to see him go against Jason Spriggs.

Nelson Agholor has been the big story in camp as he is looking like the player we thought we were getting when we drafted him. His hands still aren't great and probably never will be, but he appears to have made strides in his route running and releases. He's been a tough cover.

The other player that has made strides and was unanimously voted as the most improved player by teammates when a beat writer took a survey is Marcus Johnson. He was a UDFA WR out of Texas that has speed (4.39). Spent his rookie season on our practice squad, but is now basically considered a lock to make the roster in his second campaign. He's been the guy filling in for Alshon Jeffery on the outside.

Donnel Pumphrey is obviously an interesting guy. He's a small guy, but he set the NCAA rushing record and is tough, despite the size limitations. We've been putting him and Sproles on the field at the same time a lot. Not sure we'll see it much this game as we might the 2nd and 3rd preseason game though. He's still fun and worth keeping an eye out for. You won't have any trouble spotting him at his diminutive size lol.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nelson Agholor has been the big story in camp as he is looking like the player we thought we were getting when we drafted him. His hands still aren't great and probably never will be, but he appears to have made strides in his route running and releases. He's been a tough cover.

Living here in philly and hearing this... I'm 60% that this is a total BS story possibly meant to pump up his trade value since they are considering cutting him.  The guy was James Starks bad last year.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Living here in philly and hearing this... I'm 60% that this is a total BS story possibly meant to pump up his trade value since they are considering cutting him.  The guy was James Starks bad last year.

It's definitely not a BS story. Beat writers don't work for the team. They have no reason to lie.

People at the live training camp practices that fans could attend have seen it too.

Obviously, we still need to see him do it in real games, but everyone has said he looks like a different player. Just carrying himself with a lot more confidence.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Donnel Pumphrey is obviously an interesting guy. He's a small guy, but he set the NCAA rushing record and is tough, despite the size limitations. We've been putting him and Sproles on the field at the same time a lot. Not sure we'll see it much this game as we might the 2nd and 3rd preseason game though. He's still fun and worth keeping an eye out for. You won't have any trouble spotting him at his diminutive size lol.

He's liquid dynamite, enjoyed watching him in college. Looking forward to see how he does in the pros. Him and Sproles together ?

That could be a pretty slick combo

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's definitely not a BS story. Beat writers don't work for the team. They have no reason to lie.

People at the live training camp practices that fans could attend have seen it too.

Obviously, we still need to see him do it in real games, but everyone has said he looks like a different player. Just carrying himself with a lot more confidence.

Beat writers... fans... I believe he has a better looking body.  That they can see.

Smells like camp BS fueled by coach-speak.  If Agholor is playing tonight without Wentz...

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

He's liquid dynamite, enjoyed watching him in college. Looking forward to see how he does in the pros. Him and Sproles together ?

That could be a pretty slick combo

Yeah, Sproles and Pumphrey have lined up in the backfield together and both ran screens to the flats.

Then, Pumphrey has also got work in the slot with Sproles in the backfield.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Beat writers... fans... I believe he has a better looking body.  That they can see.

Smells like camp BS fueled by coach-speak.  If Agholor is playing tonight without Wentz...

Most of the Agholor hype isn't coming from the coach speak though?

It's the beat writers who watch him every day and report on his play.

He's running better routes and looks a lot more adept at using different releases. 

His hands have still been eh.

I'm just telling you what I hear though. You don't have to believe it.

I mean most Eagles fans won't believe it till they actually see him do it consistently during the season.

Packers fans should be the last fans in the NFL to be hesitant to believe in breakout performances from first round picks considered busts after what Nick Perry did last year.  Especially when Adams had the year he had last year at the same position.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Nelson have a breakout season. 

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Fair enough.

Do you guys believe in Randall?

Randall definitely exists.  There is video evidence.  Look up: "Stefon Diggs Highlights 2016," on youtube.  Randall features prominently.  

Going from last season and the reports from this young camp, my expectations have decreased.  I thought he was going to be very good after his rookie season.  Now, I hope he can make a good enough 3rd CB when King is ready to start opposite of House.

Archived