Packers vs. Eagles

ChaRisMa

Other than the terrible tackling I liked what I saw from the defense.  Those safeties really stood out .. that is a strong group and Capers looks like he plans on being aggressive with them.  I thought the pass rush was strong.  Perry and Matthews looked really good .. the Dline played pretty well.  I worry about corner, but if we can keep the heat on the qb it should help them immensely.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Other than the terrible tackling I liked what I saw from the defense.  Those safeties really stood out .. that is a strong group and Capers looks like he plans on being aggressive with them.  I thought the pass rush was strong.  Perry and Matthews looked really good .. the Dline played pretty well.  I worry about corner, but if we can keep the heat on the qb it should help them immensely.

Hard to really evaluate much from last night. Defense played one series against a QB who will play in the NFL this year and gave up a touchdown. Saw some of the same issues as the last 6 years, namely, missed tackles (especially by our secondary), missed sack opportunities (Clay has to get that sack 10 out of 10 times) and then when we miss the sack or the rush doesn't "finish" the job, we see a guy WIDE open in the secondary. We also had them in 3rd and 15 and they converted in 2 plays with relative ease. To me, that was really the only defensive drive of the entire game that mattered and it was a poor result. The rest of the game against McGloin and company is basically like practicing against a scout team. Entertaining to watch when we are forcing turnovers, but pretty meaningless at the end of the day. 

Spriggs' play wasn't exactly awe inspiring, was it.....  I was very disappointed.

Anyone else think that Ha Ha looked faster?  I really loved how he was covering ground.  Him and Burnett stood out to me.  Kenny Clark caught my eye in a good way.

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Spriggs' play wasn't exactly awe inspiring, was it.....  I was very disappointed.

Anyone else think that Ha Ha looked faster?  I really loved how he was covering ground.  Him and Burnett stood out to me.  Kenny Clark caught my eye in a good way.

yeah HaHa looked faster.. Fourth year right, should be when it all clicks.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Spriggs still needs a lot of work/reps at OT to get himself ready as the first guy off the bench.

Can't imagine GB wasting any time with him farting around at OG

Thought the second team oline as whole struggled. Not sure if any looked good, hopefully someone watching the tape points out at least one or two good ones.

53 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Barnett is a rough matchup for Spriggs on paper so it wasn't too surprising.  The deal on Spriggs has always been that he's kind of a finesse OT who is tough to beat outside, but he's not a finisher and you can get him with an inside move.  Barnett is a guy who's not too explosive, but he's relentless and he has a very solid inside counter.  So I wouldn't worry too much long term based on this sample size; he basically ended up opposite entirely the wrong kind of pass rusher.

Think back a couple years and Bakhtiari struggled a lot against EDGE guys who were long and powerful; same sort of thing.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Barnett is a rough matchup for Spriggs on paper so it wasn't too surprising.  The deal on Spriggs has always been that he's kind of a finesse OT who is tough to beat outside, but he's not a finisher and you can get him with an inside move.  Barnett is a guy who's not too explosive, but he's relentless and he has a very solid inside counter.  So I wouldn't worry too much long term based on this sample size; he basically ended up opposite entirely the wrong kind of pass rusher.

Think back a couple years and Bakhtiari struggled a lot against EDGE guys who were long and powerful; same sort of thing.

Thanks for the context, greatly appreciated.

Watching Hundley, Callahan and Hill play last night seriously made we wonder how Graham Harrell was ever even allowed into our locker room let alone became our backup QB for a few years. Worst NFL preseason QB of all time?

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Watching Hundley, Callahan and Hill play last night seriously made we wonder how Graham Harrell was ever even allowed into our locker room let alone became our backup QB for a few years. Worst NFL preseason QB of all time?

I hated him so much. I remember (IIRC) that the 4th game was like KC one year and he did really well, like almost a perfect QB rating or something stupid and I was so upset he was gonna make the team, not that it mattered at that point.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I hated him so much. I remember (IIRC) that the 4th game was like KC one year and he did really well, like almost a perfect QB rating or something stupid and I was so upset he was gonna make the team, not that it mattered at that point.

I remember him playing a single regular season snap against NO and he fumbled the snap on the 1 yard line or something like that. 

Archived