49ers select Kentavius Street, DE, NC State at #128

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Hey, man. Project converted safeties with crazy athleticism can start if Sherman is still banged up at the start of the season. That's what they do. 

Exactly, and we're due for Ward to be healthy for double digit games. It's all good. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, don't care for this pick whatsoever. Stash him for a year, sure. Then you have to decide where he can actually play, and then still figure out the pass rushing problems. 

Thing is, I'm fairly certain Street is still there a round or two later. Kid just torn his ACL like 2 weeks ago...

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Exactly, and we're due for Ward to be healthy for double digit games. It's all good. 

Predicted present availability has a perfectly negative correlation to past availability. Facts. Science.

1 minute ago, typecast said:

Going to need to do instant reaction polls after the draft.  Still like Thomas 3rd overall last year? How does that 6-year Lynch deal feel now?

Nobody should hate the 6 year deal. That was absolutely the right call. That's how you ensure you give a rebuild the actual chance to succeed. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Thing is, I'm fairly certain Street is still there a round or two later. Kid just torn his ACL like 2 weeks ago...

For sure. Perfectly healthy i'm not convinced he's gone before our next pick. Rounds 4-6 was about right even when he was healthy. 

3 minutes ago, typecast said:

Going to need to do instant reaction polls after the draft.  Still like Thomas 3rd overall last year? How does that 6-year Lynch deal feel now?

I actually like the Thomas pick.  And the draft last year produced more than expected on the team.  So it feels pretty good.

Just now, JIllg said:

AA is and would have been expendable either way. 

Maybe. Was going to be regardless but we would still need depth. Very debatable if he is now, albeit I've been wanting him traded for a while, but teams want to be 7-8 deep on the line. Street isn't going to be a PS guy post injury 

Archived