Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles select DE Josh Sweat 4th Round 130 Overall

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If that 30% helps this team win another SB or get to the playoffs, I fail to see the issue

Celek 40.8% of snaps
Burton 26.5% of snaps.

Considering our TE2 will be more talented than Celek at least in terms of pass catching, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's in on 40-50%. We have hardly any reason to ever run a 4th, and definitely not a 5th WR.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Danger said:

Celek 40.8% of snaps
Burton 26.5% of snaps.

Considering our TE2 will be more talented than Celek at least in terms of pass catching, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's in on 40-50%. We have hardly any reason to ever run a 4th, and definitely not a 5th WR.

Can someone explain the % to me? Does that mean Ertz only played 32.7% of the snaps? So if roles get reversed and Ertz picks up the 41% Celek had, DG closer to Ertz's number from last season and Rodgers picking up Burton's 26%. Is that not technically a good thing for this offense? 20% Increased in snaps for Zach and better playmaker then Celek?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can someone explain the % to me? Does that mean Ertz only played 32.7% of the snaps? So if roles get reversed and Ertz picks up the 41% Celek had, DG closer to Ertz's number from last season and Rodgers picking up Burton's 26%. Is that not technically a good thing for this offense? 20% Increased in snaps for Zach and better playmaker then Celek?

Doesn't work that way. The TEs are on the field at the same time so you can't slice the pie like that

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Doesn't work that way. The TEs are on the field at the same time so you can't slice the pie like that

Right. 

Celek's 40% were almost all exclusively blocking. While Ertz ran a route, I'd think, every pass play. But both were on the field a decent amount. 

I think you'd assume Ertz's role won't change, Rodgers will be the primary blocking TE and Goedert will fill Burton's role. I'd imagine Ertz and Goedert will have some packages and plays put in just for them so maybe that percentage sees an uptick. Goedert may see the field 20-30% of the time this year. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

xY4aImY.png

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Celek 40.8% of snaps
Burton 26.5% of snaps.

Ertz was a blocking TE. He was on field to block primarily. Goedert is a pass catching TE. He'll be in, almost exclusively, to run routes or just chip. He'll be used in the Burton role. 

Posted (edited)

Edit: moved to DG thread.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 5/6/2018 at 7:37 AM, Jroc04 said:

Ertz was a blocking TE. He was on field to block primarily. Goedert is a pass catching TE. He'll be in, almost exclusively, to run routes or just chip. He'll be used in the Burton role. 

Celek?

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Celek?

Yes. Sorry. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yes. Sorry. 

haha I thought so. All good.

There will definitely be enough snaps for Goedert and another TE.... which I am hoping will be Billy Brown (played pretty well last preseason) instead of Richard Rodgers. Just depends how much he improved learning from Celek, Ertz, and Burton.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy