Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles select DE Josh Sweat 4th Round 130 Overall

Just now, ninjapirate said:

kid is going to be a monster rushing out of the wide 9. Could lead the league in preseason sacks. 

Him and Steven Means are going to be battling it out for the lead.

5 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

See some reports of him moving to LB. I don't see it, think he's strictly an edge player. 

Saw Sweat a lot, I can't see LB at all.

Sounds like he just didn't get the positional coaching and development that he might have needed in college.

Just read a scouting report on him saying he has balance issues that really stems from technique issues

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

he apparently like almost lost a leg in HS, but i don't know if it goes beyond that

He never really regained confidence in his knee. Always played with a brace (even after cleared to play without it) and he has a hitch when he runs as if he is limping. It was like that all three seasons he started at FSU and seemed to limit him from consistently being explosive. It might all be in his head though because he had a catastrophic injury in HS.

17 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Sounds like he just didn't get the positional coaching and development that he might have needed in college.

Just read a scouting report on him saying he has balance issues that really stems from technique issues

FSU coaching sucked after the 2013 exodus.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

FSU coaching sucked after the 2013 exodus.

Sweat probably will be a better pro than college player.

12 minutes ago, He Hate Me said:

He never really regained confidence in his knee. Always played with a brace (even after cleared to play without it) and he has a hitch when he runs as if he is limping. It was like that all three seasons he started at FSU and seemed to limit him from consistently being explosive. It might all be in his head though because he had a catastrophic injury in HS.

thanks

wonder if we can work it out of him

We probably have the best setup for a guy like this, hope he comes in and learns and can get over the psychosomatic issues with his knee

Just imagine if Sweat hits and we get our starting pass rushers of the future for the most prolific garbage tier QB in league history

Thanks Sammy Sleeves!

Just now, Kiltman said:

Just imagine if Sweat hits and we get our starting pass rushers of the future for the most prolific garbage tier QB in league history

Thanks Sammy Sleeves!

Whom we got for Nick Foles, who came back to Philly to win us a Super Bowl. Un-F’n-believeable! 

would be poetic if barnett and sweat could meet in the backfield with sam inbetween them one day but I doubt he'll be in the league playing when both those guys are starting for us in a couple years. 

I don't know much about this kid, but it sounds like he has the skill set to succeed. High upside picks in the fourth round are always nice to see.