Eagles select DE Josh Sweat 4th Round 130 Overall

Kiltman

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Try reading this article and not getting excited about Sweat...

@Jeezla this is mainly for you

No, I'll just watch him. Hopefully he develops moves, but he's dion Jordan until he proves he's more than just athletic. 

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

No, I'll just watch him. Hopefully he develops moves, but he's dion Jordan until he proves he's more than just athletic. 

If Dion Jordan was selected in day 3 instead of 3rd overall and wasn't on drugs, is getting a player like him in the 4th a bad thing? He's carved himself into a pretty good rotational DE in Seattle. 

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So just to "on the record" this thing. It may sound homerish as an FSU fan but Sweat is the only pick of this draft that I liked.

I don't know how one doesn't like Goedert at 49.

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So just to "on the record" this thing. It may sound homerish as an FSU fan but Sweat is the only pick of this draft that I liked.

What don't you like about Goedert?

I think he's a better prospect than Ertz was...

I like Ertz. I don't love Ertz. I know having the duel TE is a scary set at times. But it's a luxury. This could save a lot of money if this guy becomes a stud. Ertz becomes extremely cuttable/tradeable after 2020. 

Ertz finally put it all together this season, and a couple years of them together is gonna be great.

But I also think Goedert is a better prospect coming out and is going to help in the redzone year 1

When you look at his frame too he has room to grow with an NFL weight room, which when you see how Carson goes after it ..it's hard to imagine guys not following that lead.

Sweat is a good player only lacks moves. The other concern was starting slow off the block but it got better as time went on. He has improved every year since the injury so I think he will continue to do that. Not sure how long he will play with his knee but he should be a good player for the next 3-4 years for the Eagles.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I like Ertz. I don't love Ertz. I know having the duel TE is a scary set at times. But it's a luxury. This could save a lot of money if this guy becomes a stud. Ertz becomes extremely cuttable/tradeable after 2020. 

It's not like the Eagles really had many "needs" for 2018, so pretty much anyone in that spot is a luxury.

Archived