Eagles select DE Josh Sweat 4th Round 130 Overall

Kiltman

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I get that. But you're not optimizing your pick in this case. Unless you want Goedert to take over for Ertz in 4 years then fine. But then what's the rush? I just don't see the value when we're going to need young, quality starters at some important positions  in a year or so. If the dude becomes an all pro, you're naturally log jammed at TE. Running a two TE set 80% of your plays isn't ideal. How much is the guy actually going to play? 

We're still in our Super Bowl window now, we can't say for sure whether that will be as true when Carson inevitably gets paid. That's the bigger reason I'm okay with it.

43 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I guess you know it's a pass then. They're def telegraphing when both Ertz and Goedert are in. 

That's an assumption that Defenses too might make unless you're telling me neither is capable of completing a block?

4 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Neither is capable of completing a block.

Being asked too and able too are two different things. Bet your A$$ now that Celek is gone he'll be asked to do more.

First video I found.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Being asked too and able too are two different things. Bet your A$$ now that Celek is gone he'll be asked to do more.

First video I found.

You're using a college highlight tape (I can't see it so I'm assuming that's what it is by the title) to prove that Ertz can block? 

3 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

You're using a college highlight tape (I can't see it so I'm assuming that's what it is by the title) to prove that Ertz can block? 

First thing that popped up. I'm sure he's managed a block or two in 5 years as a Eagle?

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/zach-ertz-complete-tight-end-much-improved-run-blocking

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

First thing that popped up. I'm sure he's managed a block or two in 5 years as a Eagle?

I don't know man, a quick college search is him getting roasted for whiffing on blocks or making no effort blocking. You seem to have more faith in him then I do from a blocking perspective. I also have zero faith that Goedert will be able to block NFL level talent given his struggles blocking against lesser opponents. 

Also, I'm done w/Goedert in this thread. This thread belongs to Sweat. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

We're still in our Super Bowl window now, we can't say for sure whether that will be as true when Carson inevitably gets paid. That's the bigger reason I'm okay with it.

Legitimate. 

I'd like to extend this ride as long as I can though. And you only do that with young talent when you have to pay a QB. 

People talking like we're not going to have to worry about having these guys after this year. 2020 Carson will be eating 30%(?) of the cap. You have to prepare for that now or we're just the Ravens. 

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Legitimate. 

I'd like to extend this ride as long as I can though. And you only do that with young talent when you have to pay a QB. 

People talking like we're not going to have to worry about having these guys after this year. 2020 Carson will be eating 30%(?) of the cap. You have to prepare for that now or we're just the Ravens. 

Even at $30 Million which I think is plausible. That's only 15%

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea that was way off. But that's besides the point. 33M of a 180M cap is daunting. 

The cap come 2020 should be $200 Million + given the way things have been going in terms of NFL revenue growth.

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

The cap come 2020 should be $200 Million + given the way things have been going in terms of NFL revenue growth.

I don't know about "should be". It's possible. The NFL is getting some backlash recently from just about everywhere. And the game has dropped off with all the penalties rule changes. I would think most investment predictors would plan for a leveling at least. 

But thats not what anyone is even talking about. 

Archived