4th Round Pick (133rd Overall): J'Mon Moore [WR; Mizzou]

Packerraymond

34 minutes ago, craig said:

I wasn't on this board back then, but did people on this board really want to cut Adams year 2?  He played really badly, yes; but he was playing on bad ankles.  Seems weird that a board with so many good analysts now wouldn't have considered.  

Lots of folks had the torches lit and their pitchforks ready to run him out of town.

1 hour ago, craig said:

I wasn't on this board back then, but did people on this board really want to cut Adams year 2?  He played really badly, yes; but he was playing on bad ankles.  Seems weird that a board with so many good analysts now wouldn't have considered.  

One went as far as to say it was a terrible pick and we should have taken Cody Lattimer because of his speed 

1 hour ago, tfalkgopack said:

One went as far as to say it was a terrible pick and we should have taken Cody Lattimer because of his speed 

That guy said that right after the draft, so it isn't like he pulled it from nowhere.  On the flip-side, he was also an eternal pessimist that would never admit that he was incorrect and continued with the Lattimer love for way too long.

12 hours ago, craig said:

yes but it wasn't just on the board where Packer fans were clamoring for Adams to be cut. I think some of the beat writers suggested it too IIRC.

19 hours ago, craig said:

There were a LOT of people who were ready to move on from him.  Not necessarily the ones you're thinking of with your last comment.

18 hours ago, tfalkgopack said:

It was because CBS Sports had Latimer ranked higher than Adams.

I am sure that I called for Adams' head in a game day thread.  But those are just for instant reactions.  I turn on everyone in the GDT when they make a bad play, and then when they make a good play I am right back on their bandwagon.  

11 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I am sure that I called for Adams' head in a game day thread.  But those are just for instant reactions.  I turn on everyone in the GDT when they make a bad play, and then when they make a good play I am right back on their bandwagon.  

The GDTs were bad, but it was beyond that. There were threads and forum wide discussions about it. Need to revisit history because right now it seems like the majority are saying it was ridiculous to want Davante gone, although I remember there being a rather large group of posters that were riding that wave. 

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

The GDTs were bad, but it was beyond that. There were threads and forum wide discussions about it. Need to revisit history because right now it seems like the majority are saying it was ridiculous to want Davante gone, although I remember there being a rather large group of posters that were riding that wave. 

There was a video last year from training camp where the WRs were catching balls off a jugs machine. One guy dropped like three in a row and the comments were littered with people saying cut Adams, he's a bum, typical Adams, etc. The player dropping passes wasn't even Adams. It was Yancy. 

I know FB isn't FF. But the general resentment towards the kid after he failed to shoulder the load once Jordy went down was very real. 

What is Brett Swain up to? I'd cut Adams tomorrow. Dude is going nowhere.

I dont want to cut him right yet, but currently he has proved worse than useless. Young WRs relish the chance hes been given with Jordy going out. This was his time to become a #1. But right now, hes not even a #4. He doesnt belong on the field. When Monty and Abby are healthy again, I give them every chance to take up the spot that Adams was unable or unwilling to lock down. Its obvious this kids hands need a TON of work, regardless of any god-given ability he has. 

Not much of a prediction above. If Adams was any worse in 2016 he'd get cut. Nowhere to go but up or out. Words cannot describe how bad and how disappointing Davonte Adams has been, this season. Even if he gets his act together and acts like a 2nd round pick should next season, nobody is eating crow. 

Next Year its looking like this right now: 

Nelson 
Cobb 
Montgomery 
Abbrederis 
Adams 
Janis

Hopefully Thompson has WR near the top of the list when it comes to draft needs .. almost have to look at Adams is a missed pick at this point.

I mean how many other guys around the league would beg.......beg for the opportunity to step up and get to be thrown to from Aaron Rodgers. Guys have gone their whole careers with mediocre quarterbacks and have had to get by (Calvin Johnson anyone?) and he should know just how lucky he is. I just dont think this guy is ever gonna get there. The dropsies, the lack of speed, the running wrong routes, its just not there for the kid. 

14 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

And they were so mad they couldn't even spell Devente's name right.

I actually stopped by this board about that time as someone just glancing through comments after ESPN shut down their horribly run forums. Kinda put off by that at the time and the whole HARRELLZZZ thing too seemed a bit much so I decided not to sign up then. It was only after sportshoopla became an absolute Schittshow that I decided to bolt.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

I actually stopped by this board about that time as someone just glancing through comments after ESPN shut down their horribly run forums. Kinda put off by that at the time and the whole HARRELLZZZ thing too seemed a bit much so I decided not to sign up then. It was only after sportshoopla became an absolute Schittshow that I decided to bolt.

You are the world's greatest man if you were able to use ESPN forums consistently when they were up.

This is the only "active" place that isn't a joke.

Archived