5th Round Pick (138th Overall): Cole Madison [OL; Washington State]

Packerraymond

On 4/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, jfinley88 said:

Madison_Cole_2017_Headshot_01.JPG?width=

hell yeah baby

Ya'll are nuts.  He isn't Sitton.  He isn't Bakh.  He's what the offspring would look like if Sitton had a child with Tauscher.

Image result for mark Tauscher face

Image result for Josh Sitton face

Good luck trying to sleep with that image in your head.

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Ya'll are nuts.  He isn't Sitton.  He isn't Bakh.  He's what the offspring would look like if Sitton had a child with Tauscher.

Image result for mark Tauscher face

Image result for Josh Sitton face

Good luck trying to sleep with that image in your head.

Thanks. I hate you

16 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

I really wondered at the time why they picked Cole Madison, WSU over Tyrell Crosby, Oregon, who went 15 picks later. I guess I'm more surprised that Crosby went that late. But the Packers must see what I don't. 

Isn't Crosby purely a guard? I think he was very fit-specific and had some consistently issues in college. More of a mauler type which has never been GB's style. Madison is your TJ Lang type of player who played tackle in college and will slide inside in the NFL but can also play tackle if needed. This was one of my favorite picks of the draft. Perfect Packer player.  

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

He needs a better number than 61. That is a long snappers number. Has there ever been a decent Packer offensive lineman who wore #61?

He took his college number of 61.  Perhaps he will be the one decent OL to wear that number.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, packfanfb said:

Isn't Crosby purely a guard? I think he was very fit-specific and had some consistently issues in college. More of a mauler type which has never been GB's style. Madison is your TJ Lang type of player who played tackle in college and will slide inside in the NFL but can also play tackle if needed. This was one of my favorite picks of the draft. Perfect Packer player.  

Don't quote me on this one, but I believe Oregon OL are hard to project to the next level.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't quote me on this one, but I believe Oregon OL are hard to project to the next level.

Plus is stiffer and already has a significant foot injury on his injury report. 300+ pounders who have already broken bones in their foot are scary as hell. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No wonder I'm confused. You're commenting about Crosby - whereas I was thinking it was about Cole Madison. I was wondering how Oregon played into it.

Well at least I can delete my thoughts that it was Madison who had the foot injury. As Forrest would say: "One good thing".

On 4/30/2018 at 1:17 PM, packfanfb said:

I believe Crosby played T in college and it may have been LT. Many projected him as a T in the NFL. The Lions want to slide him inside. 

Archived