5th Round Pick (138th Overall): Cole Madison [OL; Washington State]

Packerraymond

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't quote me on this one, but I believe Oregon OL are hard to project to the next level.

Do they play that weird spread out OL like Mizzou used to play? I think Mizzou, Texas Tech, and Hawaii did that.  

On 5/6/2018 at 10:49 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Do they play that weird spread out OL like Mizzou used to play? I think Mizzou, Texas Tech, and Hawaii did that.  

Sometimes.

It's more frustrating because the tackles cut block like half their pass plays and they run a very very very zone heavy look with a lot of option sets in the run game. Hard to sit down and get an idea of a guy's pure drive skills if he never lines up and tries to blow someone off the ball. 

59 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sometimes.

It's more frustrating because the tackles cut block like half their pass plays and they run a very very very zone heavy look with a lot of option sets in the run game. Hard to sit down and get an idea of a guy's pure drive skills if he never lines up and tries to blow someone off the ball. 

This is OT but am I wrong saying I would do that all day every day in that system. It sucks for pro projections. But the hell if I wouldn't coach it that way. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

This is OT but am I wrong saying I would do that all day every day in that system. It sucks for pro projections. But the hell if I wouldn't coach it that way. 

In that system, absolutely. You're pulling world class speed across your entire athletic program, cut it loose. 

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In that system, absolutely. You're pulling world class speed across your entire athletic program, cut it loose. 

You have forgotten more about OL play than I've ever known lol. You play there?

EDIT: Did you play OL

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You have forgotten more about OL play than I've ever known lol. You play there?

EDIT: Did you play OL

Yep, played them all including TE at one point or another in high school. Was never near big enough to play in College though. 

I don't know **** compared to some guys though, if you ever want to learn about OL play, have a discussion with Palmy. That dude lives line play. I'd kill to sit down and watch tape with him on the bigs in this upcoming class. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm TRYING to replicate and cannot...

Same, got nothing out of Colie Madison, Cole Mason (Mason Cole is another Pac 12 lineman), Colie Mason, and Cokie Mason was an actress with no NSFW available I can discern.

Washington State used the Air-Raid offense and not the spread. The OTs have very simplistic training regime in that offense. (Check out the book "Perfect Pass") The drive blocking, subtle techniques like hand placement, and switching will be what Cole needs to master in order to start.

• 2 months later...

Archived