5th Round Pick (138th Overall): Cole Madison [OL; Washington State]

Packerraymond

49 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What? How the heck do you know his heart isn't in it when you don't even know why he's not at camp? Seriously, some people need to just learn to shut it until they have the facts. Gutey and MM sure seemed understanding of why he's not here.

I think you should take your own advice. His rookie year is now officially a waste. I'll go on record again, put him on a 'did not report list' and shut him down for the year. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think you should take your own advice. His rookie year is now officially a waste. I'll go on record again, put him on a 'did not report list' and shut him down for the year. 

He's already on one of those. They don't have to make any decisions yet.

Think I figured it out. MM said they were "surprised" by it right...

Sex addiction. Madison got to Green Bay and there was simply too much talent walking the streets in the greater Green Bay area and it triggered a previously under control sex addiction. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Think I figured it out. MM said they were "surprised" by it right...

Sex addiction. Madison got to Green Bay and there was simply too much talent walking the streets in the greater Green Bay area and it triggered a previously under control sex addiction. 

Ouch! Green Bay got chirped bad in a Burt Reynolds football movie (Semi Tough?) when they portrayed the local “talent” as a 2 out of 10 kind of deal. Doesn’t matter. Appleton delivers and it’s just down Hwy 41.

I don’t get too upset about the Cole Madison deal. To me it’s not as bad as BJ Raji bailing on us after having become an established player. I never hear anyone gripe about that.

People across all professions run into personal ****. No need to cast judgement on the situation when we don't have the slightest clue whats going on. This could be a life or death situation he is tending to. I would hate to be in the kind of spotlight these guys are in... 

14 hours ago, Golfman said:

I did. Didn't state an opinion and I wont until the facts come out. If they do.

This is pretty damn strange.  Was counting on this guy to come in and provide some decent depth along the OL.  At this point agree he season is just about toast.  Red shirt him.  His job became much tougher to make this team.  Not only this year but next year as well.  Whatever issue he is dealing with better be  serious because he just put his NFL career in jeopardy.

6 hours ago, Scoremore said:

This is pretty damn strange.  Was counting on this guy to come in and provide some decent depth along the OL.  At this point agree he season is just about toast.  Red shirt him.  His job became much tougher to make this team.  Not only this year but next year as well.  Whatever issue he is dealing with better be  serious because he just put his NFL career in jeopardy.

I'm sure it's pretty serious.  And what if it isn't?  It is his life.  If he doesn't make it to camp this year, how does it jeopardize his season next year?  

6 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Are you actually hoping that whatever he is dealing with is serious?    That seems misplaced and selfish.  His issues might be detracting from your leisure and entertainment of watching the GB Packers, so they better be serious issues.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you actually hoping that whatever he is dealing with is serious?    That seems misplaced and selfish.  His issues might be detracting from your leisure and entertainment of watching the GB Packers, so they better be serious issues.

I think he means that if Madison takes a year off, for whatever reason, it is a significant up-hill battle to continue making football his career.  We all say it takes rookies a while to get going in the NFL, sometimes multiple seasons.  We also say that the shelf-life is somewhere around 30-32 years old.  So he will be a year behind and a year older.  I would venture to guess that most, if not all, of the posters here make less than what Madison is leaving on the table.  It is also probably more than he will make in whatever his post-football career happens to be.  If there is any way that Madison can get through his issues while playing, he probably should.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

What?  Are you on drugs?  My point is the kid is putting his NFL career in jeopardy.  Yes I am a die hard Packer fan and yes I am disappointed when a guy doesn't report to camp.  I wish whatever he has going on didn't happen.  I want the kid in camp and competing for a job along the O-line.  The above post by Dave sums it up pretty well. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

The team said they expect him to pay football again so it's likely something more personal/serious than being unsure about playing.

It might be time to put this kid on a season ending reserve list. He's not going to play this year for us. No sense waiting around at this point. I wish the kid well in whatever he's dealing with, but to count on him for this season is foolish! 

Archived