Rams trade Tavon Austin to cowboys

49erurtaza

So they got a 6th round pick for Austin?

ANYTHING they get is a gift.  Why?  Because GM Snead was on the hook for the 7M anyways, it was guaranteed.  But he got Austin to convert to 1M salary and 6M roster bonus earlier - what it meant was that a team trading for him would get only a 1M salary hit.  So it made Austin tradeable. 

Given the Rams were stuck paying 7M anyways before, now they save 1M and get a pick.   For a guy they couldn't use anymore.   Really subtle but brilliant cap management & draft capital move by Snead.

For DAL, they get a gadget guy and ST returner for 1M.  Can't pan it for them.   I salute Snead's creativity.  

Man, I still remember being disappointed his draft stock flew so high that the Ravens didn't have a shot at taking him....

This works for the Rams, even if they eat the dead money. And it might work for the Cowboys, because I can see Austin making at least a few plays for Dak Prescott.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Tavon Austin is really fast, but that is all he is.

Not a good football player and a clear bust.

"Ahhh, the vagaries of Fate! Had but I only stayed in school, and attained the Masters Degree in Poly-Sci towards which I strove for so long, I might this day be among the leaders of our nation, in these troubled times! Still- it may yet happen! Who knows what the morrow may bring? Which of us can prognose the Future?"

Image result for Tavon Austin

13 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I feel like half your posts are just mocking the way black athletes talk.

A fair and justified point, my dear fellow! I have made the necessary corrections above, better capturing Tavon's idiom.

Archived