Rams trade Tavon Austin to cowboys

49erurtaza

19 hours ago, Forge said:

And everyone was wondering who would catch passes in Dallas....pshhh....for those wondering, its still the same people even after this trade. Tavon isn't catching many. 

Well (sigh), at least Tavon is not a "diva", apparently.

Funny- I thought the Cowboys would draft, or trade-for, a diva receivah, you know, no longer having one....? Despite all the denial?

I’m a little on the fence about the move. Never liked him even when he was coming out. But for the salary and whag speed he can bring in I think was worth the 6th round pick. Anything he can offer us in the return game is enough to warrant the trade. Unless he fumbles 30 times this year.

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nice Salary dump by the Rams, not sure why Dallas took on that contract? Could of easily drafted comparable player on the cheap?

Dallas is only taking on $1 million. And Austin will be playing HB for them. 

I think it's a good move by LA. Shedding that contract, and getting a draft pick, even if its just a 6th, for him is good work by Snead.

OK move by Dallas. They gave up just a 6th rounder and will have to pay hom just $1 million this season....But Austin is what he is at this point. Just a failed WR who really hasnt done much in a "gadget" role either.

I mean if McVay couldnt find a way to call up plays for Austin/get him the ball.....how the hell does anyone expect The Clapper to do anything with him? Guy wouldnt know what a real coach was if one married his mother....

And I dont get what Dallas is doing. You essentially swapped a young WR in Switzer who has only played 1 year in the NFL but still had some expectations of him to be decent...into....someone who will probably get you more punt return yards than YFS on offense and more fumbles than touches aka Tavon Austin.

Dallas badly needs WR help. TE too obviously. Dak's blanket is gone now after Witten retired. And Bryant as well, who is obviously not a good #1 at this point but still the kind of WR a young guy like Dak needs. Because Dak isnt going to make his guys better. The Cowboys, no matter how much they might want to, wont be able to win many games by just running the ball with Zeke 35 times a game. 

Note: worst group of WRs and TEs in the league maybe?

Terrance Williams

Deonte Thompson

Allen Hurns

Cole Beasley

Michael Gallup

Tavon Austin

TEs:

Blake Jarwin (who???)

Dalton Schultz

Ouch.

11 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I think it's a good move by LA. Shedding that contract, and getting a draft pick, even if its just a 6th, for him is good work by Snead.

OK move by Dallas. They gave up just a 6th rounder and will have to pay hom just $1 million this season....But Austin is what he is at this point. Just a failed WR who really hasnt done much in a "gadget" role either.

I mean if McVay couldnt find a way to call up plays for Austin/get him the ball.....how the hell does anyone expect The Clapper to do anything with him? Guy wouldnt know what a real coach was if one married his mother....

And I dont get what Dallas is doing. You essentially swapped a young WR in Switzer who has only played 1 year in the NFL but still had some expectations of him to be decent...into....someone who will probably get you more punt return yards than YFS on offense and more fumbles than touches aka Tavon Austin.

Dallas badly needs WR help. TE too obviously. Dak's blanket is gone now after Witten retired. And Bryant as well, who is obviously not a good #1 at this point but still the kind of WR a young guy like Dak needs. Because Dak isnt going to make his guys better. The Cowboys, no matter how much they might want to, wont be able to win many games by just running the ball with Zeke 35 times a game. 

Note: worst group of WRs and TEs in the league maybe?

Terrance Williams

Deonte Thompson

Allen Hurns

Cole Beasley

Michael Gallup

Tavon Austin

TEs:

Blake Jarwin (who???)

Dalton Schultz

Ouch.

I like the trade for Austin.   He was never going to live up to his contract and draft position in LA.   Now he doesn't have to in Dallas.   He just has to focus on being a punt/kick returner, and  a couple gadget plays per game.   Yes.  This receiving core sans Witten and Dez will not scare anyone.   Don't forget Cedrick Wilson!

Archived