Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Rams trade Tavon Austin to cowboys

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DistantRam said:

He really isn’t. He fumbles as many as he catches. 

He had the yips last year, but he was a good PR before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Forge said:

And everyone was wondering who would catch passes in Dallas....pshhh....for those wondering, its still the same people even after this trade. Tavon isn't catching many. 

Well (sigh), at least Tavon is not a "diva", apparently.

Funny- I thought the Cowboys would draft, or trade-for, a diva receivah, you know, no longer having one....? Despite all the denial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this move as an eagles fan! Nothing like a huge fumble to change around the momentum. Tavon can’t hold onto the football if his life depended on it. 22 fumbles in 5 years... 10 in last 2. Love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Love this move as an eagles fan! Nothing like a huge fumble to change around the momentum. Tavon can’t hold onto the football if his life depended on it. 22 fumbles in 5 years... 10 in last 2. Love it. 

When we talk about bad vibrations..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a little on the fence about the move. Never liked him even when he was coming out. But for the salary and whag speed he can bring in I think was worth the 6th round pick. Anything he can offer us in the return game is enough to warrant the trade. Unless he fumbles 30 times this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nice Salary dump by the Rams, not sure why Dallas took on that contract? Could of easily drafted comparable player on the cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

 Nice Salary dump by the Rams, not sure why Dallas took on that contract? Could of easily drafted comparable player on the cheap?

Dallas is only taking on $1 million. And Austin will be playing HB for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dallas is only taking on $1 million. And Austin will be playing HB for them. 

Well damn, not a bad flier then. Change of scenery might work. Doubtful but possible.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a good move by LA. Shedding that contract, and getting a draft pick, even if its just a 6th, for him is good work by Snead.

OK move by Dallas. They gave up just a 6th rounder and will have to pay hom just $1 million this season....But Austin is what he is at this point. Just a failed WR who really hasnt done much in a "gadget" role either.

I mean if McVay couldnt find a way to call up plays for Austin/get him the ball.....how the hell does anyone expect The Clapper to do anything with him? Guy wouldnt know what a real coach was if one married his mother....

And I dont get what Dallas is doing. You essentially swapped a young WR in Switzer who has only played 1 year in the NFL but still had some expectations of him to be decent...into....someone who will probably get you more punt return yards than YFS on offense and more fumbles than touches aka Tavon Austin.

Dallas badly needs WR help. TE too obviously. Dak's blanket is gone now after Witten retired. And Bryant as well, who is obviously not a good #1 at this point but still the kind of WR a young guy like Dak needs. Because Dak isnt going to make his guys better. The Cowboys, no matter how much they might want to, wont be able to win many games by just running the ball with Zeke 35 times a game. 

Note: worst group of WRs and TEs in the league maybe?

Terrance Williams

Deonte Thompson

Allen Hurns

Cole Beasley

Michael Gallup

Tavon Austin

TEs:

Blake Jarwin (who???)

Dalton Schultz

 

Ouch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I think it's a good move by LA. Shedding that contract, and getting a draft pick, even if its just a 6th, for him is good work by Snead.

OK move by Dallas. They gave up just a 6th rounder and will have to pay hom just $1 million this season....But Austin is what he is at this point. Just a failed WR who really hasnt done much in a "gadget" role either.

I mean if McVay couldnt find a way to call up plays for Austin/get him the ball.....how the hell does anyone expect The Clapper to do anything with him? Guy wouldnt know what a real coach was if one married his mother....

And I dont get what Dallas is doing. You essentially swapped a young WR in Switzer who has only played 1 year in the NFL but still had some expectations of him to be decent...into....someone who will probably get you more punt return yards than YFS on offense and more fumbles than touches aka Tavon Austin.

Dallas badly needs WR help. TE too obviously. Dak's blanket is gone now after Witten retired. And Bryant as well, who is obviously not a good #1 at this point but still the kind of WR a young guy like Dak needs. Because Dak isnt going to make his guys better. The Cowboys, no matter how much they might want to, wont be able to win many games by just running the ball with Zeke 35 times a game. 

Note: worst group of WRs and TEs in the league maybe?

Terrance Williams

Deonte Thompson

Allen Hurns

Cole Beasley

Michael Gallup

Tavon Austin

TEs:

Blake Jarwin (who???)

Dalton Schultz

 

Ouch.

 

I like the trade for Austin.   He was never going to live up to his contract and draft position in LA.   Now he doesn't have to in Dallas.   He just has to focus on being a punt/kick returner, and  a couple gadget plays per game.   Yes.  This receiving core sans Witten and Dez will not scare anyone.   Don't forget Cedrick Wilson!

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Dallas to be hitting the waiver wire hard for WRs during cuts.

or they could always trade us La'el Collins for a reliable veteran like Brandon Lafell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always expected more out of Austin. Who knows though? This could be the move his career needs to make him a productive NFLer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 punt/kick return for a TD in the last 4 years. I would say a returner is a huge need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×