Weight
306 lbs
Arms
33 3/8”
Hands
10 1/4”

Strengths
  • Effort level almost never wanes
  • Plays with good energy through the whistle and has hustle to pick up secondary sacks and additional tackles
  • Decent athlete with lateral agility to shuffle along the line and man his run fit on stretch plays
  • Feels pressure headed his way and shows ability to sink and brace against double teams
  • Can spin out of down blocks and re-engage in the play
  • Flashes hand quickness that coaches can work with

I feel like this is a run-stuffing replacement for Unrein. No doubt he is a physical specimen, this is the type of athletic profile we have come to expect from Pace, and this is a round to take those swings.

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Delaware-BilalNichols-NFLDraft-152468652

Height
6'4"
Weight
306 lbs
Arms
33 3/8”
Hands
10 1/4”

Strengths
  • Effort level almost never wanes
  • Plays with good energy through the whistle and has hustle to pick up secondary sacks and additional tackles
  • Decent athlete with lateral agility to shuffle along the line and man his run fit on stretch plays
  • Feels pressure headed his way and shows ability to sink and brace against double teams
  • Can spin out of down blocks and re-engage in the play
  • Flashes hand quickness that coaches can work with

I feel like this is a run-stuffing replacement for Unrein. No doubt he is a physical specimen, this is the type of athletic profile we have come to expect from Pace, and this is a round to take those swings.

Good pick and the Bears needed this as they are thin at DE.

I think this guy goes up against Bullard and RRH as to who gets the most snaps next to Hicks & Goldman and does really well...I think he looks a better technician than RRH at this point and brings far better size than Bullard...I would like to see him as an early down 5 tech who keeps out LBs clean.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Didn't Windy City have this guy in one of his mocks? 

I thought he was a fit for the Bears. Size, length, athletic numbers were very good.

At the Senior Bowl he looked very solid and had a pressure in the game. I think that he should come in and compete for reps right away as a situational run defender, which is what the Bears need.

Jay Rodgers has been one of the more under rated positions coaches considering the massive improvements we have seen from Hicks, Goldman, Bullard last season, and RRH.

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think this guy goes up against Bullard and RRH as to who gets the most snaps next to Hicks & Goldman and does really well...I think he looks a better technician than RRH at this point and brings far better size than Bullard...I would like to see him as an early down 5 tech who keeps out LBs clean.

Yep. Thinking the same thing. RH may be the odd man out considering he has similar skill-set and his released would only be a measly $2,300 cap hit.

edit; I also think he offers more in goal line situations and on ST.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yep. Thinking the same thing. RH may be the odd man out considering he has similar skill-set and his released would only be a measly $2,300 cap hit.

edit; I also think he offers more in goal line situations and on ST.

I wonder if thing means we ask RRH to drop weight to compete at OLB again?  For these bottom of the roster guys, maybe it makes sense given our lack of depth there.

44 minutes ago, bkokot said:

I wonder if thing means we ask RRH to drop weight to compete at OLB again?  For these bottom of the roster guys, maybe it makes sense given our lack of depth there.

The Bears are also thin on the DL as they lost Unrein. RRH will stay at DE. This now gives them 6 DL again.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:06 AM, TB 1 said:

The Bears are also thin on the DL as they lost Unrein. RRH will stay at DE. This now gives them 6 DL again.

Plus if McPhee can play OLB, RHH and Bullard could do his limited role there as well. both of them are more athletic than McPhee ever has been in the NFL. They don't have to be able to drop back and cover, they just have to attack the OT and keep outside leverage, plus a few keys based on the defensive scheme.

My issue with that is with Fangio usually only rushing 4, we are pulling Floyd away from rushing the passer. Not a fan of that.

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not impressed.  

I'm not sure what more you wanted to see from him.  He was double-teamed on all but a handful of snaps.  For the most part he did his job - he stood up/occupied the C&OG and played NT like he was asked to.  On passing plays he wasn't being asked to rush - rather he was all but 'spying' the QB to make sure Josh Jackson didn't kill them with chunk yards on the ground.  Delaware wasn't going to allow Jackson to kill them with his feet by giving him lanes to run through.

He finished that game with 5 tackles (2nd on the team) a sack, a TFL, and a QB hurry.  From the NT position.

Archived