Hands: 9.5" vs. 10.75"
40-yard dash: 4.80 vs. 4.78
Bench press: 18 vs. 19
Vertical: 38.0" vs. 34.5"
Broad Jump: 120.0" vs. 113"
3-cone: 7.13 secs vs. 7.24 secs
60-yd shuttle: 11.45 secs vs. 12.3 secs

15 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

I'd expect that 4.8 to drop the further removed he gets from his lower body injury - explosive numbers are great.

I agree, though wasn't Rudolph's injury his last year at Notre Dame later in the year than Conklin's?

16 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I agree, though wasn't Rudolph's injury his last year at Notre Dame later in the year than Conklin's?

Also why I expected Rudolph to be faster than his time - much different injuries though... Ripping the hamstring from the bone vs a broken bone in the foot

12 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I don't know...Rudolph seems awfully slow...do we need another slow TE?

This is my thought. DeFlippo wanted another TE; basically one the complete opposite of David Morgan. He most likely, signed off on this pick as a player he can work with and fit into that move piece that he likes for his offense.

So if DeFlippo thinks he's fast enough, what do you think about that? Also take in mind he is coming back from a foot issue; so his playing speed last year before issue was better.

Perhaps the most eye-catching player Friday was tight end Tyler Conklin, whom the Vikings traded up in the fifth round to get in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Conklin made his presence felt in both 1-on-1 and team drills as he caught everything that came his way. The former University of Central Michigan standout showed good hang time with a leaping grab while matched up against a linebacker, and also showed speed on a crossing route. He also hauled in a pass near the sideline and later corralled a pass in traffic during team drills.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Hughes-Conklin-Smooth-at-Vikings-Rookie-Minicamp-/c5abf6bd-97da-4eef-a224-39b3ffb19d63?sf188880823=1

Archived