Round 5, Pick 153: Tyrell Crosby, OT

Louis Friend

I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting at LG by season's end. He's going to get PT at either RG or RT with Lang and Wagner always being dinged up.

At the least, it's nice to have a really talented back up at G or T

23 hours ago, Lionized said:

He did not give up a sack last year at Oregon.

That's misleading because he never took a true pass set at Oregon last year. It was all jump sets, play action, and a weird shuffle thing that basically was used in place of a pass set. He never actually set to a spot, it was very strange. He will need to be coached up significantly there. Thankfully it won't be Ron Prince doing that now. 

I do love this pick though. The first thing I love is that Tyrell is a GREAT person. I've been following him since his freshman year at Oregon and he has always been very nice in his interactions with fans. He did so much for young Oregon fans. He spent more time visiting children in the hospital than any other player I can remember. He didn't do it for publicity or for an ESPN special, he actually did it because he wanted to do. He'll be a great addition to the locker room.

He has great length and great power, which is the other thing I love. He has been tossing people since he was a true freshman at Oregon. His bench didn't showcase just how much raw strength he has. He's got an incredibly violent punch and I vividly remember him knocking guys back 2-3 yards just with his punch as a freshman. He's more in control now and instead tries to drive guys 10+ yards off the ball. He's a solid athlete, can move well enough to pretty do whatever you need him to do. Ideally, he would lose a little bit of fat to be a more efficient mover, but he's maintained roughly the same body composition for four years so I doubt that changes much. He has experience at both right tackle and left tackle and he will probably be trained at left guard and right guard considering they will need to develop his pass set anyway. My guess is that the left guard spot will be an open competition between Graham Glasgow, Joe Dahl, Kenny Wiggins, and Tyrell Crosby. Glasgow should win that competition, but I could Dahl and Crosby pushing hard for that spot. 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, Rockcity2 said:

I see a guard but know way with his soft head...

That's really gross man. What the hell is a matter with you

I mean look, you're a negative dude, that's your schtick, whatever. But there's no call to go saying stuff like that, that's just ridiculous

On 4/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, Rockcity2 said:

Is this guy a concussion waiting to happen? 

I see a guard but know way with his soft head...i just don't expect much of anything out of this pick. There were better linemen available imo

Like who?

Archived