5.26 (163) Washington Redskins select Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech

Woz

After this pick and Payne, if I were any of the veterans on the team not named Ioannidis or Allen, I would be putting my house on the market because I'm not long for the roster.

Whoa , this guy was predicted as high as round 2 and a certain for round 3. How did we grab him in round 5.. ? This just gets better and better.. Very happy with this pick. He' won't be 21 until July. Very exciting ! His comp nfl player is Vince Wilfork .

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Whoa , this guy was predicted as high as round 2 and a certain for round 3. How did we grab him in round 5.. ? This just gets better and better.. Very happy with this pick. He' won't be 21 until July. Very exciting ! His comp nfl player is Vince Wilfork .

Because teams like the Redskins reach for guys like Apke. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Thanks man, I'm excited about Settle and you piss on the parade about the 4th round pick.. You can always can't on the board to keep things in perspective. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I will admit Apke could have been a reach but I wont doom I wouldn't doom it yet as a bad pick. Last year I didn't know who Montae Nicholson was and hes pretty good. Same round I think.

You have to admit though, its been a pretty good draft so far

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

2 down run stuffers seem to slide every year.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Lol. Keep doing you boo-boo.

200w.gif

Are we doing this positive/negative fan thing again? I get it, you swallow everything they do and like it. I call them out when I think they’ve done something stupid and I think this was an awful reach and a waste of a fourth round pick. The rest of the draft has been tremendous so they can afford to take a chance like this but let’s not act like this guy was worth a fourth round pick. It’s very typical of this team.

If you want to debate the Apke pick, keep it in the Apke pick thread. Given how they've done with the other picks, I'm willing to let them gamble. Not what I would have done, but that's water under the bridge.

That all said, let's stop with the attacking each other. Okay?

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Are we doing this positive/negative fan thing again? I get it, you swallow everything they do and like it. I call them out when I think they’ve done something stupid and I think this was an awful reach and a waste of a fourth round pick. The rest of the draft has been tremendous so they can afford to take a chance like this but let’s not act like this guy was worth a fourth round pick. It’s very typical of this team.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just curious on your guys opinions... I personally feel that daron Payne is more of a DE in a 3-4 than NT. With that being said, do you think maybe by the end of a season we could have a lineup that looks like Allen, Settle, Payne. With Ionaddis rotating in. Or think Payne sticks at NT and  we go Allen, Payne, Ionaddis. With Settle giving Payne a break sometimes and coming in for goal line situations? I personally like the first situation the best, but I'm also very high on Settle and don't like Payne as a NT.

Archived