Carlson Is Mr. Wrong After He Misses Right (waived pg. 17)

SemperFeist

16 minutes ago, Klomp said:

From his first miss, people were calling for him to be cut

Yeah right, give me a break. The first 2 were tough kicks, understandable misses. But a 35 yarder???  GTFO this guy better not be on the team after Monday. Forbath is still a free agent. 

Inexcusable by Carlson, i had hope for him with that strong leg he has. But it means nothing without accuracy. The bad luck with kickers just continues. I really hope Minnesota brings in a veteran kicker. Today is a learning lesson. Sure it sucks to tie when we had the game won. But its better that this happened today, than in a crucial playoff game. You shouldnt have a shaky rookie kicker on a potential super bowl contending team, period. Cut your loses and bring back Kai or sign Bailey (assuming hes healthy). 

31 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

I think Zimmer has a hard time admitting failure.    He's let Treadwell stay around this long.   So I doubt they go out and try to make this team better this week.  

i dusagree. Zimmer already stated he can't stand a kicker missing two kicks in one game, today he misses three...?

i'll say someone else is hired tonight and Carlson is fired tomorrow morning.

i'm typically one of the voices of patience around here for players that have their down times.

but Carlson...? three missed kicks i one game, and none of them really even close? i've been watching football for just under 50 years, i don't think i can remember any kicker missing three in one game.

the dude needs to go, he had his chance. multiple times.

10 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

admit failure with Carlson and go out and get Bailey

Bailey dropped from a 93% kicker to a 75% kicker from 2015 through last year. He’s also very limited from distance. He’s not the answer either. 

Archived