Carlson Is Mr. Wrong After He Misses Right (waived pg. 17)

SemperFeist

12 hours ago, Klomp said:

Would a bad kicker have a long career?

I didn’t call him bad, either. It’s the Vinny Testavarde effect.

He’s 44th all time in FG%. I would have expected better from a guy deemed 1st round worthy. 

In six NFL seasons, Forbath has made 11 kicks from 50 yards or farther, a 53-yarder his longest with the Vikings. In four college seasons, Carlson made 13 kicks from 50 yards or farther, including twice connecting from 56 yards. His leg is so strong, he claimed, that he’d feel confident kicking from inside 65 yards at an indoor stadium.

“With the altitude here (in his home state of Colorado) I was hitting from 75 yards,” Carlson said.

https://theathletic.com/345322/2018/05/07/vikings-daniel-carlson-kicker-draft-kai-forbath-competition-auburn/

16 minutes ago, Klomp said:

In six NFL seasons, Forbath has made 11 kicks from 50 yards or farther, a 53-yarder his longest with the Vikings. In four college seasons, Carlson made 13 kicks from 50 yards or farther, including twice connecting from 56 yards. His leg is so strong, he claimed, that he’d feel confident kicking from inside 65 yards at an indoor stadium.

“With the altitude here (in his home state of Colorado) I was hitting from 75 yards,” Carlson said.

https://theathletic.com/345322/2018/05/07/vikings-daniel-carlson-kicker-draft-kai-forbath-competition-auburn/

So essentially, we need to build a giant platform underneath US Bank Stadium that will raise the stadium from 830 feet about sea level to 5,230 feet above sea level like Denver....

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So essentially, we need to build a giant platform underneath US Bank Stadium that will raise the stadium from 830 feet about sea level to 5,230 feet above sea level like Denver....

I thought for it's price tag it already did that.

45 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Another reason to go to training camp this year

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what's the NFL record, 63 yards or something?

64...Matt Prater....but it was in Denver, so it probably should have an asterisk.  ^_^

But, he only needs a 57 yarder to break the Vikings' record...he should start there.  

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

It'd probably be easier to just create a better system to seal off the stadium and artificially lower the air density through temperature and humidity changes along with literally sucking air molecules out. But I digress. Will be interesting to see Carlson in TC and so on. I wonder if the team is "gimmicky" enough to give him extra long attempts, even if we are in a blowout situation.

7 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Would you believe it if I told you that US Bank Stadium is in the top 5 in NFL stadiums in terms of highest elevation?

I wouldn't doubt it. We are pretty far from the nearest coast. Not many NFL stadiums in mountain regions.

And, it doesn't seem like the type of thing someone would make up.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

And, it doesn't seem like the type of thing someone would make up.

:D

We are at the fourth-highest elevation (when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, they will be second)

1. Denver
2. Arizona
3. Atlanta
4. Minnesota

12 NFL stadiums are at 50 feet above sea level or lower.

Archived