5th Round Pick (174th Overall): Marquez Valdes-Scantling [WR; USF]

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
scant·ling
ˈskan(t)liNG/
noun
noun: scantling; plural noun: scantlings
  1. 1.
    a piece of lumber of small cross section.
    • the size to which a piece of wood or stone is measured and cut.
  2. 2.
    a set of standard dimensions for parts of a structure, especially in shipbuilding.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scantling+image&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyyu756-faAhXK5IMKHVKCC3YQ7AkIQA&biw=1200&bih=554

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Considering the proposed "Exxon" (for Valdes) nickname, there's definitely a nautical theme for MVS nicknames to be explored here.

It wasnt a proposed nickname, it was a decree.

Edited by incognito_man

• 2 months later...

Just saying:

Three months after the play, at 6-foot-4 and 206 pounds, Valdes-Scantling ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. To put into perspective how fast that is for a wide receiver that size, there was another receiver who measured 6-4, weighed 194 pounds and ran his 40 in 4.38 seconds awhile back. That was at the 1998 combine — and that receiver was Randy Moss.”;)

https://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/nfl-offers-chance-for-packers-fifth-round-draft-pick-marquez/article_5349a999-eb3a-5956-b1df-d329e187ce9a.html

• 1 year later...

I was at the joint practice today. MVS absolutely torched the CB and even got behind the safety. He was held after 5 yards too. Flag came out. Rodgers over threw him pretty bad but a part of that was the hold affecting the timing. 

But the point is, MVS was flying behind their whole defense! A couple plays later he ran an intermediate dig route. Literally, the corner turned around and started running down the field and MVS had 10+ yards of space on the route. His speed a couple plays earlier set that up. 

Ive gone to four practices and I’ve watched quite a bit of MVS. I’m convinced he’s a star. He’s fast, confident, controlled, makes it look easy, runs great routes, smart.... I’m a fan!

Edited by boratt
  • Like 6