Colts trade DL Henry Anderson to the Jets

49erurtaza

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

His big thing is health, right? 

Yeah, his injury stalled what was an incredibly promising career.  The throat injury was a freak thing, but he's not been quite the same since his 2015 right ACL, because his left knee plagued him on his return in 2016.  Then he got the freak injury, which should be fine.  But the knees are the issue.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I loved Anderson as a prospect. I know he was an older prospect, but he's still young in his NFL career and I thought he was good for them?

Yeah, I was under the impression that Henry Anderson was a surprisingly-good 3rd-round pick or something from Stanford, in 2015; the Colts also drafted another Stanford D-lineman, a tackle, T.J. Hazmandouche or something,  who was also better than expected; the Stanford Twosome were known as "The Educated Ones", their alma mater vastly outstripping the big-time diploma-mill football factories at least in academics. So shocking was their success that Colts' fans were, briefly, singing the praises of Ryan Grigson (that Master of the NFL Draft) and almost willing to forget the Trent Richardson Fiasco. Guess Anderson's laryngeal fracture- and a knee injury?- torpedoed his career?

(If any of the above is wrong, feel free @stallyns to correct me and give me the tongue-lashing I so richly deserve) 

"Here's to the dear old Red and White,

Here's to the Cardinals, fight, fight, fight

WE go to classes, at least we're bright!

STAAANNN-FORRRD U.!"

Image result for Henry Anderson and David Parry

13 minutes ago, bzane said:

Yeah, I was under the impression that Henry Anderson was a surprisingly-good 3rd-round pick or something from Stanford, in 2015; the Colts also drafted another Stanford D-lineman, a tackle, T.J. Hazmandouche or something,  who was also better than expected; the Stanford Twosome were known as "The Educated Ones", their alma mater vastly outstripping the big-time diploma-mill football factories at least in academics. So shocking was their success that Colts' fans were, briefly, singing the praises of Ryan Grigson (that Master of the NFL Draft) and almost willing to forget the Trent Richardson Fiasco. Guess Anderson's laryngeal fracture- and a knee injury?- torpedoed his career?

(If any of the above is wrong, feel free @stallyns to correct me and give me the tongue-lashing I so richly deserve) 

"Here's to the dear old Red and White,

Here's to the Cardinals, fight, fight, fight

WE go to classes, at least we're bright!

STAAANNN-FORRRD U.!"

Image result for Henry Anderson and David Parry

The other Stanford DL was David Parry, he was the guy who  was arrested for Grand Theft Auto DUI for stealing a golf cart.

He was expendable because he doesn’t fit in the 4-3 D. He tried to lose weight, trimmed down from 301 to 285 to possibly play DE of maybe UT but with all the additions to the DL someone had to go

18 minutes ago, stallyns said:

The other Stanford DL was David Parry, he was the guy who  was arrested for Grand Theft Auto DUI for stealing a golf cart.

He was expendable because he doesn’t fit in the 4-3 D. He tried to lose weight, trimmed down from 301 to 285 to possibly play DE of maybe UT but with all the additions to the DL someone had to go

Good Gosh, hard factual information!

Stand corrected, and thank you!

FWIW, Colts used the pick acquired from the Jets for Syracuse LB Zaire Franklin. 

Also the pick was originally a Seahawks pick. Both picks that were sent to the Jets in the Sheldon Richardson trade ended up in Indy. 

2/17 DE Kemoko Turay Rutgers (trade up from 1/6 to 1/3)

7/17 LB Zaire Franklin Syracuse (Henry Anderson trade) 

Archived