6(179). Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

NewAge

Mocked this guy to us several times. Great ball skills. One of the few defensive players I liked for us to target late. Still wondering what our offense looks like long term though. Look at WR and RB and tell me who we have that's anyone worth anything for Darnold to build around?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Mocked this guy to us several times. Great ball skills. One of the few defensive players I liked for us to target late. Still wondering what our offense looks like long term though. Look at WR and RB and tell me who we have that's anyone worth anything for Darnold to build around?

While I agree it’s not exactly the greatest show on reef we do have some nice young pieces. 

Robby, Q and Kearse are a solid trio. All have some question marks but a lot of talent. 

Mad for young players yet to do much; Leggett, Stewart, Hansen and the rookie TE are a potential pieces. 

I’d like to see us go and get Darnold a top tier WR next year in FA or the draft. I jut want us to give the guy a chance and build around him. 

Sanchez and Geno may not of been the guys but they certainly didn’t get many favours. I’d rather pool all our resources to getting the best out of Darnold. These first three years are so crucial .

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

While I agree it’s not exactly the greatest show on reef we do have some nice young pieces. 

Robby, Q and Kearse are a solid trio. All have some question marks but a lot of talent. 

Mad for young players yet to do much; Leggett, Stewart, Hansen and the rookie TE are a potential pieces. 

I’d like to see us go and get Darnold a top tier WR next year in FA or the draft. I jut want us to give the guy a chance and build around him. 

Sanchez and Geno may not of been the guys but they certainly didn’t get many favours. I’d rather pool all our resources to getting the best out of Darnold. These first three years are so crucial .

That’s my point though.

Pryor: 30 and on a 1 year deal.

Anderson: several off the field issues. His chances of getting arrested again and getting cut is higher than sticking on the roster long term.

Enunwa: coming off a major injury and is also a FA after this year.

Kearse: about as average as it gets.

Stewart: wasn’t good enough to get snaps.

Hansen: showed very little in what action he got.

At TE we have no one that’s proven.

Powell: 30 and getting slower.

Crowell: one of the pieces I’m ok with.

McGuire: a below average change of pace guy.

We need weapons for our investment. And we have none really beyond this year.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s my point though.

Pryor: 30 and on a 1 year deal.

Anderson: several off the field issues. His chances of getting arrested again and getting cut is higher than sticking on the roster long term.

Enunwa: coming off a major injury and is also a FA after this year.

Kearse: about as average as it gets.

Stewart: wasn’t good enough to get snaps.

Hansen: showed very little in what action he got.

At TE we have no one that’s proven.

Powell: 30 and getting slower.

Crowell: one of the pieces I’m ok with.

McGuire: a below average change of pace guy.

We need weapons for our investment. And we have none really beyond this year.

Without doubt of course we need to improve but like I said there’s enough potential and quality there to see how we get on this year and further improve next year.

I’m with you, I’d of spent the extra few mil and guaranteed Robinson or Sammy in FA. Even if we overpaid a little. We need a talent overhaul all over the team but as of right now if Darnold started opening night (which I do not think he will) then he would have to good vets in Pryor and Kearse. A speed demon in Robby. A super talented Q (if healthy, which he will be barring a setback) and a load of young options who will either make it or be sent packing next year when we should reload again. 

This all sounds good in principle but it will be Macc who has to deliver. So far the jury is out but we have time. Not much but enough to make sure we don’t fail Darnold.   

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve seen us ruin investment at QB recently bc of lack of talent around the QB. And if it happens again it will be beyond awful.

They went after Allen Robinson this year, but we didn't have the QB in place to entice him.  We do now so hopefully next FA period we can sign a big time weapon.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve seen us ruin investment at QB recently bc of lack of talent around the QB. And if it happens again it will be beyond awful.

Nah, that was just Sanchez being ****

Archived