6(179). Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

NewAge

Ya'll watch the same tape I did? Overthrows, punt-passes, and forced throws into triple coverage - not exactly the best measure of good coverage. I'm excited to see how he does as nickel, but I'm not expecting him to start right away.

9 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

How did he fall to 6? he looks like a player

My guess is level of competition at Tulane and his size. But he plays bigger than his size. He’s not scared to play press or tackle.

24 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Ya'll watch the same tape I did? Overthrows, punt-passes, and forced throws into triple coverage - not exactly the best measure of good coverage. I'm excited to see how he does as nickel, but I'm not expecting him to start right away.

Ball skills, insane make up speed, good breaks on the ball well too. Yeah some throws clearly sucked but that is the see in the NFL too. Combo of a poor throw and decent play. Would be nice just to have a guy that can make the play in the secondary. 

Just wanted to say that Nickerson was one of my favorite corners in this draft. I was a little upset when the 49ers passed on him for  DJ Reed. I think he's got a real chance to be a studly cb for you guys

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Ball skills, insane make up speed, good breaks on the ball well too. Yeah some throws clearly sucked but that is the see in the NFL too. Combo of a poor throw and decent play. Would be nice just to have a guy that can make the play in the secondary. 

Yeah, his athleticism was definitely on display - can't doubt that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 2:29 PM, Bobby816 said:

CB will be a battle for the last few spots. We have guys like Nickerson, Roberts, Burris, Robinson, Clark and Jones all battling for really 3 spots.

Burris needs to move to FS. His length and ball skills would play better. He tackles decent enough too.

Archived