Round 5 Pick 165: FB Jaylen Samuels

Armsteeld2

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Flowers went a few picks before Steelers pick in the 5th before they went Allen...my guess they were after him.

I like Samuels...just not sure how much he’s going to be used.

I was talking about Dimitri Flowers but yes, I think they were interested in Trey as well. 

On 4/28/2018 at 5:26 PM, JustPlainNasty said:

Players I like 

Greg Gilmore - DT - LSU

Devin Gray - WR  - Cincinnati

Holton Hil -CB - Texas

JC Jackson - CB - Maryland

Jalen Davis 0- CB - Utah State

Eagles took Mialata..better than Okorafor

How do you know Mialata is better than Okorafor?  He hasn’t played a down a football.  All you know if what the media fed you.  You may have seen a few rugby highlights and workout numbers.  

2 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

How do you know Mialata is better than Okorafor?  He hasn’t played a down a football.  All you know if what the media fed you.  You may have seen a few rugby highlights and workout numbers.  

Im not a fan of Okorafor, Ive done enough work on him to know my concerns. Mialata has athleticism and is 20 years old, hes clay thats yet to be shaped, I'd prefer to take that project on. I don't listen to anything the media says about anybody, except reports on injuries and character issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was interesting that I read somewhere; the NFL scouts compared Samuels to Brian Westbrook despite being twenty lbs heavier. I scoffed then looked up Brian Westbrook and can see why, he was a workhorse at Villanova, doing it all as he caught balls and ran well, his biggest issue right now is the blocking, just like Brian Westbrook. 

Watching his highlights, I could see the similarities, Westbrook is built much bigger than I remember (I guess after all, we had Jerome Bettis those years LOL) 

Looking at Westbrook statistics to see what we could expect from Samuels (not implying they will have similar statistics, but at least I would know what a kind of player like him could last for how much of production we can squeeze out of him) 
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WestBr00.htm

My conclusion? I don't think to draft James Washington, Mason Rudolph, Chuks Okorafor, and Jaylen Samuels were necessarily the "BPA at their positions". I feel like there is an offensive scheme being built by Randy Fichtner. I think we are going to see a new offense in closer future than we would expect. 

Archived