49ers select Marcell Harris, S, Florida at #184

y2lamanaki

Just now, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Or you're Adrian Colbert. I don't like throwing away late picks, and this one feels like an absolute flier. Oh well.

Sure or Trent Brown, but majority of the 6th and 7th rounders don't see the field one way or another in year one. DJ Jones made the team but hardly played. Colbert obviously looks like a nice FS for us. 

I don't like throwing away picks either, but just saying redshirting players picked in this area is pretty common. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure or Trent Brown, but majority of the 6th and 7th rounders don't see the field one way or another in year one. DJ Jones made the team but hardly played. Colbert obviously looks like a nice FS for us. 

I don't like throwing away picks either, but just saying redshirting players picked in this area is pretty common. 

True. They're all shots in the dark at this point, and we've certainly seen some late round picks that looked bad at the time (Dwight Clark among them) turning out well. I don't have high hopes for this one, though.

It's a 6th rounder so hard to really care - lottery tickets at this point. Would have loved to take Quin Blanding since I'm a UVA alum but I just wanted another body at safety with one of these last few picks, as I mentioned in the other thread. So this works. Now end with EDGE and interior OL

Archived