With an actual draft pick, the Jags pick Tanner Lee

JiffyJag

On 5/18/2018 at 11:42 PM, Tugboat said:

Ya'll remember when this happened?

I keep periodically remembering it, and it still doesn't seem real.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think this is that much worse than the other QBs we've drafted late or taken in in UDFA. Stephen Morris and Brandon Allen aren't exactly great choices to have on a team either.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, iPwn said:

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think this is that much worse than the other QBs we've drafted late or taken in in UDFA. Stephen Morris and Brandon Allen aren't exactly great choices to have on a team either.

both better than Tanner Lee and didn't cost draft picks tbh

I know, I know, 6th rounder and UDFA are the same in a vacuum

but they called his name from the podium

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

both better than Tanner Lee and didn't cost draft picks tbh

I know, I know, 6th rounder and UDFA are the same in a vacuum

but they called his name from the podium

We took Allen in the 6th round.

On 20/05/2018 at 10:26 AM, iPwn said:

That's true, and it's hardly make or break to gamble on a QB in the late rounds like that.  But Tanner Lee isn't even a decent college QB.  He's got some more height to him, but uh...yeah.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's true, and it's hardly make or break to gamble on a QB in the late rounds like that.  But Tanner Lee isn't even a decent college QB.  He's got some more height to him, but uh...yeah.

Everyone thinks finding a Tom Brady in the 6th is easy. Hell even a ton of 3rd/4th round picks dont last 2 years

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

No, no. I totally get that. But I mean for all how much better of a pick someone like Allen might have been, it doesn’t really get you anywhere. We like drafting bad QBs late, and at a certain level it just doesn’t really matter whether they’re bad or really bad. I’m not gonna get too hung up on having another bad QB brought in, no matter how bad.

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Everyone thinks finding a Tom Brady in the 6th is easy. Hell even a ton of 3rd/4th round picks dont last 2 years

I don't think that's really it.  Nobody is expecting Tom Brady out of a pick like this.  But they actually drafted Tanner Lee, is the thing...

1 hour ago, Jags said:

Okay... There has been a whole lot of hoopla about this Tanner Lee pick. Who is Tanner Lee? Can someone please explain!

He's basically what would happen if you gave Blaine Gabbert a  pretty serious brain injury.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:17 PM, Tugboat said:

He's basically what would happen if you gave Blaine Gabbert a  pretty serious brain injury.

And maybe also partially tore his labrum or something else that impacts accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived