6th Round Pick (207th Overall): Equanimeous St. Brown [WR; Notre Dame]

Packerraymond

Just now, CWood21 said:

So we got ourselves a Lavar Ball?  Hyped.

Seriously. 

For those of you who have HBO... 

Real Sports ep. 250 (January episode) 

There's a 15-20 minute profile on the family. 

It's.... interesting... to say the least. 

Here's the preview. 

Not worried about it in the least - or - at least not till the guy makes the roster and gets a contract of consequence. Sixth round guys have some proving to do before that happens.

The NFL isnt the NBA.  NFL contracts and players can disappear at the snap of the fingers. The "guaranteed contract" age has not begun.

This isnt Lonzo Ball getting drafted #2 by Los Angeles Lakers. Its not even remotely close.

I see nothing but upside.

Think I've watched all of his highlights and I'm still pinching myself to see if this is real that we got this kid in the 6th round. Thought for sure someone like the Vikings would get him after we kept passing on him. I would've felt ok taking him in the 4th. He has all the tools. size, speed, hands, Yac, athleticism, and what we've be complaining about for the last 3 years, separation. Gonna be fun watching him and Kizer this preseason. Can't imagine what kind of receiver he will be once him and Rodgers gain chemistry.

If I was the GBP WR coach the first thing I'd get all these rookies started on was a regime to strengthen their hands with specific and concentrated drills and exercises.

You want to do it slow and build it up cause you can screw with ligaments/tendons if pushed too hard.

Then - I'm marry them up to the Juggs machine for some period every day. Having them pull down "passes" directed right at them - not while in some patters - but right at them.

This isnt my thinking or expertise - Sterling Sharpe did this as a matter of routine and eventually he had vise grips for hands.

Eventually you make them pure "hands catchers" cause in the cold of GB - body catchers will lose a lot of passes as the semi-frozen rocks bounce off shoulder pads.

The advent / development of the "suction cup" gloves WRs use today are an immeasurable (I think somewhat unfair) aid in stopping a spiraling football dead in its tracks with your hands.

18 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Davante
Cobb
Allison
Trevor Davis
Michael Clark
Moore
Valdez-Scantling
St Brown

Who's out? I guess Davis and Clark, V-S to the practice squad?

I think Davis and Allison are out. I like Allison enough, but his ceiling is reached. We've got guys who can give us what he does right now. Clark has a chance, more so than any of the picks, to be unstoppable. His vertical and 6'6 with those hands, sky is the limit. If he makes the second year leap, game over, he's #3. 

That catch he made on the sidelines last year, there are only a handful of guys who make that play. He's got to work on his hand position on those back shoulder throws. Give Rodgers enough reps with this kid and they just throw it over the top and no one can stop it. 

Disclaimer: I was tooting Janis horn for a few years too! 

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m almost positive that’s why he fell. INSANE AND CONTROLLING FATHER. Shoulda been noted.

I don't think McCarthy puts up with this guys **** for a minute. He'll be banned from the facility before too long. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think Davis and Allison are out. I like Allison enough, but his ceiling is reached. We've got guys who can give us what he does right now. Clark has a chance, more so than any of the picks, to be unstoppable. His vertical and 6'6 with those hands, sky is the limit. If he makes the second year leap, game over, he's #3. 

That catch he made on the sidelines last year, there are only a handful of guys who make that play. He's got to work on his hand position on those back shoulder throws. Give Rodgers enough reps with this kid and they just throw it over the top and no one can stop it. 

Disclaimer: I was tooting Janis horn for a few years too! 

Ha!

You're opinions regards WRs are on a 5 year probation :)

Archived