Round 6 # 208 Cedrick Wilson WR

TVScout

Prisco grade: A

Wilson is a true deep threat with a playing style similar to Jeremy Maclin. Not as fast though. This is the field-stretcher Dallas needs.

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Good-sized long-strider who builds up legitimate downfield speed. Above-average ability in contested-catch situations. Hits top gear quickly after the catch. Could add more strength and wiggle at the next level

Toughness. Wilson is pure toughness. Pushes and fights in the block, competes for the ball regardless of positioning, and has no trouble tracking tough catches.

Lot to work on though. Want to see more consistency all around. But thats a good pick late.

Adds to the competition in the WR room.  Thought he might have been gone a round or so earlier.  Has the chance to be a good depth WR on our squad.  Runs good routes and good hands.  Sometimes has trouble fighting through tight coverage/jams.

People were mocking this guy to us in the 2nd just days before the draft. I saw several with us taking him in the 3rd, and even more with us having him with one of our 4ths. Throughout the process I always felt "meh" when I would see his name. But to get him in the 6th? I am more than pleased. Maybe my favorite pick in the draft besides Connor in round 2.

Archived