Vikings select...Colby Gossett, G, Appalachian St.

SemperFeist

32 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I think Isadora was more nfl ready, while Gossett has more long term potential. 

Part of it is that Isidora played at Miami, a P5 school whereas Gossett played at App St. Better competition usually means more NFL ready but I like Gossett a lot more than Isidora last year. I think Isidore has rotational high upside but Gossett has starting upside. 

41 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I noticed that Gosset had a better combine than Pat Elflein did and he has a significant amount of starting experience.

Just needs to show he can handle the jump in competition; which he began to do at the senior bowl. Wouldn't it be swell if he came in and beat out Compton to start at RG?

10 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Just needs to show he can handle the jump in competition; which he began to do at the senior bowl. Wouldn't it be swell if he came in and beat out Compton to start at RG?

I think Remmers is your starting RG. 

20 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think the RT job will be a TC competition between Hill and O’Neill. 

That was my initial thought when they drafted O'Neill.  Remmers is going to be the starting RG.  

19 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Only LT and C are walk in starters on this OL.

LG can still be Remmers, if O'neil/Compton/Gossett impress on the right side.

Remmers only played LG last year because they couldn't trust Sirles after Easton got injured...I think the chances that they play him on the left side are slim to none.  IMO, he's strictly a right side of the line (RG/RT) guy.  Only in an act of desperation would they want to play him on the left. 

10 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Remmers only played LG last year because they couldn't trust Sirles or Isidora after Easton got injured...I think the chances that they play him on the left side are slim to none.  IMO, he's strictly a right side of the line (RG/RT) guy.  Only in an act of desperation would they want to play him on the left. 

Fixed.

And I find that to be an important note because it gives us a good idea how the team feels about being forced to play Isidora. If he can improve to become a trusted backup that would be great for the team. For now, he should not be counted as a trustworthy backup.

I am fine with the team moving on from Sirles but I am unsure that it is wise to count on Gossett to fill the backup interior offensive line position that Sirles filled poorly last year. Gossett can take Isidora's role from last year of deep developmental reserve. The team still needs a backup interior offensive lineman. Nick Easton would be ideal for that role but he already has to be promoted to the starting lineup owing to the team's self inflicted wound.

Archived