Redskins UDFA Tracker

Thaiphoon

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Doug Williams may have found us another TE to develop, a Grambling State TE, #84 Christopher Bazile, 6’4, 250 on @hudl http://www.hudl.com/v/28URU7 #hudl

I like what I see out of him in this high light reel in both blocking and receiving.

another wow.. Maybe I just don't know scouting well enough, but Bazile looks like he will belong on NFL fields. Looks powerful and effective at run blocking... even overly generous at throwing dudes down to finish the play. Not sure how fast he is, but dude..even DBs.. were not catching up to him after the catch. Looked fairly smooth in his routes, seems to find open space, and showed good hands. 

Dunno man... I too like what I see there. Watch yo *** Sprinkle and Flanagan.  

not much of a tester, it seems.. but worth a look in May/June OTA workouts...

Brazile, who is 6-foot-4 and 249 pounds, doesn't pose the same type of short area quickness, but he does provide athleticism at the tight end position. He ran in the 4.8 range at his pro day and had a vertical jump of 29.5 inches with 23 reps on the bench press.

"He had some games during his junior and senior year where he was very, very dominant," Fobb said.

"He's a guy that, to me, his best football is ahead of him because when you're in the NFL, tight ends are a quarterback's best friend. He's the type of guy with the type of size and athleticism and ability that can actually make a name for himself at that level."

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/gsu/2016/04/29/grambling-wr-rogers-te-bazile-could-steals-nfl/83713298/

Sean Welsh could probably play LG better than anyone we currently have. Hes a little undersized and played right guard in college but he gets after it. From what I've seen he looks like a real good puller and gets after it on 2nd level plus Iowa always seems to have good linemen. Could be a sleeper for a starting role. Callahan can coach him up

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Sean Welsh could probably play LG better than anyone we currently have. Hes a little undersized and played right guard in college but he gets after it. From what I've seen he looks like a real good puller and gets after it on 2nd level plus Iowa always seems to have good linemen. Could be a sleeper for a starting role. Callahan can coach him up

Boggles my mind that we have not considered Scherff at LG considering he played LT at Iowa and move Kouandjio or one of these younger guys to RG. Scherff and TWill would be boss. 

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he has a shot to make the team over DeShasor Everett. 

FS: Nicholson, Blanding

SS: Swearinger, Apke

Everett just signed a contract extension. And he plays ST's. He aint goin nowhere. I see 5 S's. Nicholson and Smithson with DJ, Apke and Everett at SS. 

Sometimes I just don't know where your head is at Turtle. 

13 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Boggles my mind that we have not considered Scherff at LG considering he played LT at Iowa and move Kouandjio or one of these younger guys to RG. Scherff and TWill would be boss. 

Me too. Seems like the obvious move and it would benefit Kouandjio too to get on the right side which is usually the more power side. Kouandjio’s problem isn’t power/strength and run blocking, much like Lauvao before him, Kouandjio’s issue is he’s athletically limited, stiff and struggles in pass protection. 

Now if Nsekhe or Franklin is the starter, I wouldn’t make the switch, particularly with Nsekhe because he’s more comfortable on the left side than the right. Nseke’s problem will be getting used to playing lower at OG and leverage. He’s used to playing high in both his run blocking and pass blocking. He’s not used to playing in a phone both as a guard and having to get lower and use leverage. Basically, Nsekhe has to guard against shorter and powerful  interior DL - who have played interior DL & OL since HS - and getting bull rushed back into Smith.

My hope is that Franklin really shows his old form from 3 years ago when he was with the Broncos because I’m certainly more comfortable with his experience at guard than Nsekhe’s but I can’t see either guy being worse than Lauvao as a pass blocker.

24 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Why would they move their best (and only good) guard to the less important position?

Archived