Thaiphoon

Redskins UDFA Tracker

simmie cobbs is a great pickup, he should of been our mr. irrelevant 

Posted (edited)

And Simmie Cobbs.

Edited by mike23md

simmie was the 13th pick on the board according ti bleacher report, i think he will make the team. good size at 6'4" just watched his highlights and trey quinn could be our new ryan grant. both could take roster spots away from davis and harris

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

The Reddskins have signed this UDFA: Sean Welsh, OG, Iowa ***Good Pickup Here***

Great pick up! He’ll be good competition for Kalis and Catalina for one of the last roster spots. He’s in the mood of Kalis, solid, tough mid western Big10 guard. 

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

simmie was the 13th pick on the board according ti bleacher report, i think he will make the team. good size at 6'4" just watched his highlights and trey quinn could be our new ryan grant. both could take roster spots away from davis and harris

Possibly. I like Simmie Cobbs a lot and love what I’ve seen from Quinn, but I think it’s going to be hard for Cobbs to beat out Harris. Harris is a solid wr and Gruden likes him a lot. Robert Davis is the best athlete out of these 4. 

26 minutes ago, mike23md said:

And Simmie Cobbs.

I love me some Martez Carter. Robert Kelly will have issues making th3 team as even the 4th rb.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Possibly. I like Simmie Cobbs a lot and love what I’ve seen from Quinn, but I think it’s going to be hard for Cobbs to beat out Harris. Harris is a solid wr and Gruden likes him a lot. Robert Davis is the best athlete out of these 4. 

i see where your coming from but if they were ready to be mainstays on the team then they would of played more last year when we had litterally no good players out there outside of crowder

crowder, richardson, and doctson are the only locks right now, if we carry 6 then there are 3 spots open

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i see where your coming from but if they were ready to be mainstays on the team then they would of played more last year when we had litterally no good players out there outside of crowder

crowder, richardson, and doctson are the only locks right now, if we carry 6 then there are 3 spots open

Huh? Grant and Doctson were clearly better than Harris & a raw rookie like Davis, it’s obvious why they didn’t see the field much.  and Doctson and Grant are better than rookies we just signed/drafted too. Doctson is the most gifted wr we have. 

Harris hurt his knee in training camp - which set him back - Davis was a very raw but extremely athletic wr with a lot of upside. He’ll have a year ahead of them in terms of development in the offense.

I agree that Quinn will likely make the team as the 4th or 5th wr - depends on how much Harris, Davis and Quick show - but I think you’re overrating Cobbs a bit. Cobbs is a Harris type WR but Harris has two years of development over him in this offense. Cobbs has some weight on Harris but Harris is a tenth faster in his 40.

Part of the reason the Redskins let Grant walk - beyond them wanting their speedy WR in Richardson & Grant being overpaid - is that they like Harris, Quick and trust that Davis will take a step in his development.

16 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

At the same time, you have to project where they would go. As of right this instant, I would say Trey Quinn backs up Crowder. So, realistically, it's only the backup outside spots that realistically up for grabs. Before the UDFAs settle out (we'll see who actually shows up at rookie camp as names bounce around), that means Robert Davis, Mo Harris, and Brian Quick. I think Harris has lost his practice squad eligibility and Quick is a veteran, so you have to think they'd be slight favorites at this juncture.

So based on the SBNation article:

• 2 RBs (1 RB, 1 FB)
  • 3 WRs
  • 1 TE
  • 3 OL (2 OL, 1 G)
  • 1 DL
  • 1 LB
  • 1 CB

The agents for Elijah Wellman (FB from WVU) and Davon Durant (DL from Marshall) should get their heads checked. Unless Wellman can convert to TE, he's got no shot at making the roster and the Redskins already have a guy like that in Mannasseh Garner. Durant is buried deep in the depth chart (there's a lot of talent there now).

Some links for the folks we've supposedly signed:

RBs
Martez Carter: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/martez-carter?id=32462018-0002-5598-489e-9369541cc258

WRs
Simmie Cobbs: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/simmie-cobbs?id=32462018-0002-5601-5678-ba8cd49b28f6

OLs
Timon Parris: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/timon-parris?id=32462018-0002-5598-373c-b211b226077b
Sean Welsh: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sean-welsh?id=32462018-0002-5598-25f0-55337d3f774b

CBs
Danny Johnson: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/danny -johnson?id=32462018-0002-5598-061a-4bdf0bc76958

The others listed don't show up on NFL.com, CBSSports.com, or DraftTek.com. Sufficed to say, have to think they're long shots.

Reading up on those quickly, @Thaiphoon, Johnson and Parris have some misfit toy possibilities. Carter in theory could too but the path to the final roster looks to be too congested. Maybe a PS guy?

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Reading up on those quickly, @Thaiphoon, Johnson and Parris have some misfit toy possibilities. Carter in theory could too but the path to the final roster looks to be too congested. Maybe a PS guy?

Come to me my children!!

Doug Williams may have found us another TE to develop, a Grambling State TE, #84 Christopher Bazile, 6’4, 250 on @hudl http://www.hudl.com/v/28URU7 #hudl

I like what I see out of him in this high light reel in both blocking and receiving.

I had Martez Carter in one of my Redskins only mocks. Kid has a ton of potential.