Redskins UDFA Tracker

Thaiphoon

17 hours ago, mike23md said:

I don't think Blanding lands on the PS to be honest. Considering we have guys that have been developed and proven like Everett, Blanding is just not as physical or as strong to play as an up S and we have Everett and Swearinger who give us that ability. Blanding is smart, where Everett is not so much, but Everett makes up for it by being all over the field and playing ST's and Blanding would have to outplay Everett there and outplay Apke who was drafted to even have a sniff at the roster. If he makes the PS I would be surprised. 

Out of the list that @Doc Draper put up, I think there are 3 that have a fighting chance to make the 53:

1. Sean Welsh - I had him as high as a 4th round pick. Turtle touched on all his attritbutes, but I think he needed to work on the pass protection better. He could be a solid back up RG to Scherff and that Iowa connection plays out well. If he is able to work on his technique this off season, I think he could land as a back up G and replace guys like Catalina, Kouandjio, and Bergstrom. The other part is that he might be able to transition to C and compete with Rouillier for the job. That would be his best path to making the team and being an outright starter. 

2. Timon Parris - A small school product that I think a lot of teams had their eye on, but in respect to his ability, he is raw and teams saw more potential in other prospects. I don't expect him to make the final 53 as much as I expect Walsh to, but Parris could end up on the PS and be that stash for if/when an injury happens. He needs to get stronger and more agile in the run game and just keep his center of gravity low. He has the ability to take the initial punch and reset but having a lower base will help him. Callahan can coach that. A solid back up in a few years with some work. 

3. Simmie Cobbs Jr. - When I mention his name, I always get the reference back to his one handed catch on the sideline against Ohio State. You have to watch more. You have to watch other games and see what he does best, at what times, and what he does against CB's in different situations. He has 1st round talent. No doubt. But the rest of the image is a bit blurry. HE is quicker than he is fast. Uses his body extremely well and usually wins any jump balls. Has strong hands and can fight off defenders grabbing. He does need to work on his route running and sell routes better. He needs to learn how to lower his hips into the break to have a smoother transition and move in and out of the break. 

I think a WR combination of:

Docston

Crowder

Richardson

Quinn

Cobbs

Robert Davis

is a solid WR depth chart with a ton of potential.  

I think it’s more likely that Maurice Harris or Quick are our 4th wr and Cobb’s is on the practice quad, and possibly Robert Davis spends a second year on the practice squad too unless he makes the team bc he’s a good punt coverage gunner.

Not out of the question that what you posted happens though too.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s more likely that Maurice Harris or Quick are our 4th wr and Cobb’s is on the practice quad, and possibly Robert Davis spends a second year on the practice squad too unless he makes the team bc he’s a good punt coverage gunner.

Not out of the question that what you posted happens though too.

If Robert Davis needs another year on the practice squad, you might as well cut him. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Robert Davis needs another year on the practice squad, you might as well cut him. 

What? Ridiculousness... he’s a wr with athleticism but he went to a small school that didn’t throw the ball much. He has a lot of developing to do.

Just think if we hadn’t kept Will Compton on the practice squad for two years, where would we be? Lol 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What? Ridiculousness... he’s a wr with athleticism but he went to a small school that didn’t throw the ball much. He has a lot of developing to do.

Just think if we hadn’t kept Will Compton on the practice squad for two years, where would we be? Lol 

Being from a small school doesn't mean much anymore. You either have it or you don't. If he can't make this teams receiving corp then he sure as heck isn't making anybody else's anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Being from a small school doesn't mean much anymore. You either have it or you don't. If he can't make this teams receiving corp then he sure as heck isn't making anybody else's anytime soon.

Well that’s good, if that’s the case then it’s a good thing to keep him on the practice squad. The guy was just a 6th round pick and more often than not that guy is going to just be a special teamer.

theres no reason to overreact and cut him and not keep him on the practice squad.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well that’s good, if that’s the case then it’s a good thing to keep him on the practice squad. The guy was just a 6th round pick and more often than not that guy is going to just be a special teamer.

theres no reason to overreact and cut him and not keep him on the practice squad.

If you have someone you like better than sure there is. I’m not saying he’s going to suck but if he can’t make the roster this season the odds certainly aren’t in his favor. 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Interesting, we are actually practicing against the Jets this year in training camp.

Maybe both teams hold off on signing him and the preseason game becomes the Colton Taylor bowl!!!

Washington adds three more undrafted wide receivers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/02/washington-adds-three-more-undrafted-wide-receivers/

Former Indiana wide receiver Simmie Cobbsand former San Diego State wide receiver Mikah Holder were part of a group of four undrafted rookies who signed with Washington on Monday and the team added three more wideouts to the roster on Tuesday.

The most productive of the new additions is Shay Fields, who caught 194 passes for 2,590 yards and 21 touchdowns over four years at the University of Colorado. He’s second in school history in career receiving yards.

The Redskins also signed former Nebraska wide receiver De’Mornay Pierson-El and former Alabama wideout Cam Sims.

Awesome! Shay “Hey” Fields! And you can’t go wrong with a guy that has an EL at the back of his name, can you?

On 5/1/2018 at 12:56 PM, turtle28 said:

Much better off. Will Compton was terrible. 

Archived