Sign in to follow this  
daineraider

Round 6: Azeem Victor, LB, Washington

Like the pick and many of the later picks turned my draft frown upside down. :)

Anyone want to garner some insight on him? He's one prospect I don't know much about other than he was hot stuff in 2016 and fell off the face of the earth last season. Did I read correctly that he was benched last year? 

How is Victor any different from Corey James and Marquel Lee? 

47 minutes ago, Totty said:

If his doesn't goof off, he's a 3rd round talent easily. Less of a project than those 2 were. But that's also just my opinion after watching Washington's D the last few seasons. 

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Entering the 2017 campaign, Victor was graded as a possible first-round pick throughout the scouting community despite his devastating leg injury from the prior year. He came into the season overweight and undisciplined and looked unmotivated, and he moves towards the draft as a late-round pick as a result. Victor has shown he can play at the next level in the past but must get his game, and his life, back on track.

I see Victor as a day one STer. Going in to this year, people had him as a possible day 1/2 guy, so there is lots of upside with the selection. Looks like he loves contact and is a good blitzer.

Man this is a great pick. Been watching some film on him and reading up on him. I believe he grabs a starting spot at some point this season. Dude plays with aggression and intensity and can also get to the QB

On 4/29/2018 at 5:28 AM, big_palooka said:

Entering the 2017 campaign, Victor was graded as a possible first-round pick throughout the scouting community despite his devastating leg injury from the prior year. He came into the season overweight and undisciplined and looked unmotivated, and he moves towards the draft as a late-round pick as a result. Victor has shown he can play at the next level in the past but must get his game, and his life, back on track. 

Who is that a quote from?

Posted (edited)

A lot of talent but something happened this past year.  Maybe he bulked up to much or maybe he got a little lazy but one thing is clear that the extra weight slowed him down to much.  If he puts it back together this maybe the steal of the draft.  I would also feel a lot more comfortable if he was still playing behind Vea in a Raiders uniform.

Edited by drfrey13

52 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Oh nice I thought it was you at first and I said to myself damn he watched alot of Washington ball.

There wasn't enough pain and hate in the text to be @big_palooka;)