Round 6: Azeem Victor, LB, Washington

daineraider

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

There wasn't enough pain and hate in the text to be @big_palooka;)

Actually love this pick. A guy who looks like can be something if he wants it bad enough. I'm excited for Guenther and his staff to work with guys like this.

This is where I like the Gruden influence on the draft. Victor and Key are guys that in the past, end up in places like Cincy and excell. Reggie avoided these types. I like taking fliers on talent. Not going to win them all, but I'd rather take a chance on hitting on 1 guy like Victor/Key, etc. than strike out taking a safe player with out much upside. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Actually love this pick. A guy who looks like can be something if he wants it bad enough. I'm excited for Guenther and his staff to work with guys like this.

This is where I like the Gruden influence on the draft. Victor and Key are guys that in the past, end up in places like Cincy and excell. Reggie avoided these types. I like taking fliers on talent. Not going to win them all, but I'd rather take a chance on hitting on 1 guy like Victor/Key, etc. than strike out taking a safe player with out much upside. 

Agree. There's a chance, albeit a slight one, that if all these risky picks come off we could have significantly improved our roster in the areas that matter most. The 2 things I liked best about the draft was the aggression and the single minded focus on improving specific areas.

I forgot about him.. I watch pac12 football and he was a straight stud in 2016. Part of one of the greatest Husky teams to ever play. Flashed a lot of talent, but broke his leg and got a DUI. Came back out of shape(which makes sense since he couldn't workout) and his 2017 year was meh.... has potential

Ya I remember really liking Victor last year pre-draft whenever I would see him. I didnt watch too much college ball this year at all but from what I have seen on Victor overall is that he seems more instinctive and gap responsible than some of the other young LB's we have brought in recently. He didnt test very well but I think he has more athletic capability and we should see that once his weight is right and has leg has now been healed for longer. I could see him in a rotation early on for sure. But as someone else said I dont think he will have any issues making the team just because of ST.

Archived