Switzer traded to Oakland for DT Jihad Ward

textaz03

I hate this. Switzer showed more promise in the slot in week 17 than Beasley did all year. 

I swear it's one step forward one step back for these guys calling the shots. 

Let's spend the whole off season filling holes we create during the off season. JG and co know just how to stay average. And yes this is bigger than Switzer. Switzer is just the latest.

One step forward one step back. One good season followed by one bad season followed by one good season followed again by a bad one, and paired with a slew of 8-8 seasons.

Let's cut Dez to save $8M then spend a 3rd round pick on a WR and $6M on Hurns.

Let's trade a 6th for Austin and get rid of our 4th round pick from just last year.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I hate this. Switzer showed more promise in the slot in week 17 than Beasley did all year. 

I swear it's one step forward one step back for these guys calling the shots. 

Let's spend the whole off season filling holes we create during the off season. JG and co know just how to stay average. And yes this is bigger than Switzer. Switzer is just the latest.

One step forward one step back. One good season followed by one bad season followed by one good season followed again by a bad one, and paired with a slew of 8-8 seasons.

Let's cut Dez to save $8M then spend a 3rd round pick a WR and $6M on Hurns.

Let's trade a 6th for Austin and get rid our our 4th round pick from just last year.

Especially since Beasley is older and last year of his contract.

I’m not surprised by the trade just moreso surprised the player traded. I would have liked to see more of Switzer in an expanded role to see what we had first before offloading him for a guy that won’t make this roster. However I guess the coaching staff and higher ups felt he won’t make much of an impact and cut him lose with a now crowded WR room. I’m sure more to come. 

Sorry @DaBoys :P

But Switz one game in week 17 is not enough reason to keep him in a crowded WR room. His routes were quick and sharp but his eyes never followed the play properly. He could very well develop this, but Beasley - despite a down year - is a far better option for right now, while Austin's speed gives him a leg up in the return game.

And know what? Ward has never lived up to expectations, but theres a lot of promise to what he brings to the table. Could end up being, actually, a good trade for both teams if both players develop.

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Honestly boys, Ward is very bad. So much so that he was often inactive on game day. He's been an enormous bust. Maybr a change of scenery and better coaching will turn him into a different player. 

Problem has been his coaching and his role. This is a up field player who needs to be allowed to go, not play this heads up odd front role they tried to get him to play. His college tape never translated to it, and now he has a chance to get in there on passing downs and be allowed to go.

Archived