DAL trades WR Ryan Switzer for DL Jihad Ward

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, the lone star said:

And Gallup. Plus the signing of Deonte Thompson.

Those 2 can play outside though.   Wilson, Beasley and Switzer were all pretty much slot-only guys.

But yeah, had to get rid of the logjam..which DAL created, but guess this is what they had in mind b4 taking Wilson.

Just now, Broncofan said:

Those 2 can play outside though.   Wilson, Beasley and Switzer were all pretty much slot-only guys.

But yeah, had to get rid of the logjam..which DAL created, but guess this is what they had in mind b4 taking Wilson.

Ah, I see what you're saying. 

Beasley can play on the outside now though. Dak actually likes him as a deep threat sometimes, but when he's outside, he's more of a curl, drag, slant, crosser, screen, or hitch type of guy. Not going to do much on fades, posts, and go routes. Well, he has done damage on go routes, but I don't see that becoming commonplace.

4 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Marinelli got a guy like Selvie to get 7 sacks. Obviously that was as an edge player, but then there was a guy like Mincey who had 6 sacks while playing DT and DE.

Forgot about them. The fact that Marinelli was high on this kid during the senior bowl gives me hope he can turn him into a player.

4 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Forgot about them. The fact that Marinelli was high on this kid during the senior bowl gives me hope he can turn him into a player.

That's fair. Coached by Lovie Smith too. And now he's switching schemes, so there's some hope. But I'm not going to get excited or anything. Just gonna keep an eye on him.

56 minutes ago, the lone star said:
1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

What was Dallas thinking there? Not to mention they also traded for Tavon Austin... who offers... nothing.

Yikes.

Tavon will be an interesting change of pace RB. He might have some value as a return guy too.

Tavon Austin is the living embodiment of the jet sweep. 

Ward was really disappointing couldn't stay healthy and when he was did absolutely nothing but to tell you the truth i would of liked if we would've kept him for another year to see if had anything in him.Marinelli post to be a DC god maybe he can baptize some life in him who knows it might just work out for both teams ,Good luck 

Archived