DAL trades WR Ryan Switzer for DL Jihad Ward

Broncofan

1 hour ago, BABYLON 5 said:

Ward was really disappointing couldn't stay healthy and when he was did absolutely nothing but to tell you the truth i would of liked if we would've kept him for another year to see if had anything in him.Marinelli post to be a DC god maybe he can baptize some life in him who knows it might just work out for both teams ,Good luck 

In Rod we trust.

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll again echo the thought that I wish we held on to him, because we did invest so much in to him. But at the same time I love how we are molding the team to Gruden's liking and getting rid of Reggie's mistakes

I agree with this.  But with regard to what I've bolded, I only hope in the future Gruden will act similarly to dispatch his own mistakes.  Because he will make them.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll again echo the thought that I wish we held on to him, because we did invest so much in to him. But at the same time I love how we are molding the team to Gruden's liking and getting rid of Reggie's mistakes. 

I read that Ward did not really fit into the Raiders scheme. Cowboys seem to be pretty high on him so will see. Switzer is going to be a good slot guy just no room for him in Dallas with Beasley and Austin. Switzer does take a lot of chances a PR. 

11 hours ago, cromagnum said:

I read that Ward did not really fit into the Raiders scheme. Cowboys seem to be pretty high on him so will see. Switzer is going to be a good slot guy just no room for him in Dallas with Beasley and Austin. Switzer does take a lot of chances a PR. 

Ward probably doesn't fit the new scheme but he was a fit in the previous scheme and didn't do much. He was a raw project so i guess there's still a chance he can develop.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Ward probably doesn't fit the new scheme but he was a fit in the previous scheme and didn't do much. He was a raw project so i guess there's still a chance he can develop.

Honestly we know these moves too well. Dallas loves to try to mold an average at best or nobody into something. I mean for years we fielded no names on the dline and have made them into decent players or offered something. Whether that happens here also I don’t know. Sounds like the guy has no motivation to try or learn and Rod simply won’t deal with that.

I think this will be a win/win situation for both clubs. Ward is going to the best D-line coach in the league, and will undoubtedly do a lot better than here. If he turns into a solid rotational pass-rusher at best, then the trade is worth it for the Cowboys. For the Raiders, if Switzer wins the PR job and can make the occasional play on O from the #4 WR position, then it is a win for Oakland.

Both players were lost in the shuffle on their previous teams. A new start will do them well. 

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think this will be a win/win situation for both clubs. Ward is going to the best D-line coach in the league, and will undoubtedly do a lot better than here. If he turns into a solid rotational pass-rusher at best, then the trade is worth it for the Cowboys. For the Raiders, if Switzer wins the PR job and can make the occasional play on O from the #4 WR position, then it is a win for Oakland.

Both players were lost in the shuffle on their previous teams. A new start will do them well. 

I think Ward was unlikely to make the team after they added Hall and Hurst in the draft. So they got someone who at least has a shot to contribute on ST.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:35 PM, Crickett said:

Tavon Austin is the living embodiment of the jet sweep. 

The team did like to do that at times with Lucky Whitehead.

I kinda like Tavon on draw plays and screen passes. He will be solid at backup RB. I'm not expecting too much, but if Zeke goes down, he will have to step up, which I think he can.

Archived