Jaguars UDFA Thread

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Meeks and Lazard make this team.

Agreed. I would think Lazard would move to TE for us. Would make his chances drastically higher to make the team and I don't know why he'd choose us if he wanted to stick at WR.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed. I would think Lazard would move to TE for us. Would make his chances drastically higher to make the team and I don't know why he'd choose us if he wanted to stick at WR.

How many lbs do you think he would need to add to make that switch to TE?

He is so dangerous in the RZ.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

How many lbs do you think he would need to add to make that switch to TE?

He is so dangerous in the RZ.

I mean, Niles Paul who we signed is 225.

But I would think getting to 245-250 would be more ideal, maybe a bit more. Think he's around 230 now.

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I quite like this UDFA haul.  Especially KC McDermott who i thought was plenty draftable and should have some positional versatility along the line, which could help him stick on the fringes.

Darius Jackson seems really intriguing too.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Makes sense.  Will probably be tougher for him to stick, but doesn't hurt to have some competition and depth around the organization.  Especially with some familiarity playing with Richardson.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Saw the idea tossed around plenty throughout the draft process, but i don't really like it.  He's always slow enough as is.  Not sure he's a guy who can add much more weight/strength without becoming almost useless as a receiver.  In either case though, whatever you label him positionally...you're basically just going to use him like a WR anyway.  He's not going to be playing inline as a real blocking TE any time soon (or probably ever).

I think you just let him be what he is instead.  An oversized redzone depth WR, and hopefully special teamer.

I mean, this team kept Jaelen Strong around the roster forever to be that "big body target", and he never did squat.  I don't see why Lazard couldn't try to steal that roster spot away.  We don't have a "big" WR corps.  So there's a potential niche there if he can bring what he does to the NFL table.

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Meeks and Lazard make this team.

I'm not too sure both make the team or either for that fact Meeks is ehhhh I don't know much about Lazard, but for Meeks he was a projected 5-7 round selection and seeing how the draft shook out he was pushed out of the draft. He has decent measurable as far as height weight speed but he is a very tight hipped corner and doesn't look that fluid or athletic.. I don't necessarily think he is an exact fit scheme wise, he looks like an ideal fit in a zone based scheme.. he could maybe make noise on special teams but he was pushed out of the draft for a reason.  

i think Lazard will be a PS guy for us.  

Also i wouldnt be suprised if Dee Delaney beats out Meeks for a Spot at corner.  Delaney projects by the measurables as a Slot corner for us and he has good quickness and speed. his vert jump is pretty weak.

i think Meeks might be a better fit as a Safety because he struggles a good bit in coverage but plays the run well. 

Archived